User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: sx/sp question

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default sx/sp question

It appears that I am 5w4 sx/sp, so I have a question. Are sx/sp's well represented within all of the 16 MBTI types, or are we considerably more likely to be the introverted types (or intuitive types)?

Also, to other sx/sp's, have you found that you "connect" much better with other sx's? Are these sx<--->sx friendships generally the ones you find extremely intense and satisfying? The ones you would say only happen once in a blue moon?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Not sure I've had the experience. All I know is that it makes me my own worst cock block before a relationship and totally consumed once in one. It's painful...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    It appears that I am 5w4 sx/sp, so I have a question. Are sx/sp's well represented within all of the 16 MBTI types, or are we considerably more likely to be the introverted types (or intuitive types)?

Also, to other sx/sp's, have you found that you "connect" much better with other sx's? Are these sx<--->sx friendships generally the ones you find extremely intense and satisfying? The ones you would say only happen once in a blue moon?
    I know some extrovert sx/sps (a couple of ENTPs on this forum come to mind). But introverts seem to be more common.

And yes I connect better with other sx types, especially sx/sps. They are very satisfying.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    STP

I am so/sx and my son is sx/sp. We butt heads like no tomorrow, but he also has a very strong attachment to me, something I would definatley say is an intense sx connection.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Not sure I've had the experience. All I know is that it makes me my own worst cock block before a relationship and totally consumed once in one. It's painful...
    Yeah, I can relate to that in a big way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I know some extrovert sx/sps (a couple of ENTPs on this forum come to mind).

But yeah ... so's give me a weird vibe. I don't know how to type (so I can't tell you about an sp vs. sx difference), but I know when someone is primarily social because I detect that what they want from the interaction is not the same thing I want. They also tend to pay attention to things I don't think are important. A crossed wires feeling. Connecting to them is like trying to hug a fog.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Enneagram
    4w5

all the ppl i have connected best with have been sx/sp or sx/so (i'm sx/sp).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    And yes I connect better with other sx types... They are very satisfying.
    That.

so's and sp's don't tend to open up as deeply and easily as sx's ime.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post

But yeah ... so's give me a weird vibe. I don't know how to type (so I can't tell you about an sp vs. sx difference), but I know when someone is primarily social because I detect that what they want from the interaction is not the same thing I want. They also tend to pay attention to things I don't think are important. A crossed wires feeling. Connecting to them is like trying to hug a fog.
    Wow - hard to imagine how difficult that might be. What's it like being an extrovert, but not being able to connect to the vast majority of people? I haven't come across many people in my life who want that deep, intimate connection, but I'm an introvert so I can just go back into my hole and pretty much be fine (although I still desire it and look for it). As an extrovert, you're naturally more drawn to people, but perhaps struggle to find it.

To all the others who responded, are there as many sx's as so's and sp's in the general population? After I determined that I was definitely sx, I thought about how many people in my life I've been able to really achieve that really deep connection with and I think I can count them on one hand. Seems like the other 99% of the population fall into the "trying to hug a fog" category for me.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Wow - hard to imagine how difficult that might be. What's it like being an extrovert, but not being able to connect to the vast majority of people? I haven't come across many people in my life who want that deep, intimate connection, but I'm an introvert so I can just go back into my hole and pretty much be fine. As an extrovert, you're naturally more drawn to people, but perhaps struggle to find it.

To all the others who responded, are there as many sx's as so's and sp's in the general population? After I determined that I was definitely sx, I thought about how many people in my life I've been able to really achieve that really deep connection with and I think I can count them on one hand.
    Well typical extroversion is actually the social instinct in the enneagram. Extroversion in typology basically is how you're energized. Extroverts in typology are energized by the external world. Which doesn't have to be people. So I imagine an sx/sp extrovert does a lot of things alone to not go insane.

I'm not aware of any statistics when it comes to the percents of the instincts. That would be interesting though!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)