User Tag List

First 123

Thread: sx/sp question

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    this is a very interesting notion. estj sp first. i know an estj who i'd speculate is 8w9. i'd put him as sp/so. it's very interesting for me to consider.
    I'm pretty sure now my boyfriend is an ESTJ 1w9 sp/so (the 1w9 I'm certain of). He's actually a very interesting person full of paradoxes, I know I haven't met anyone quite like him before.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'm pretty sure now my boyfriend is an ESTJ 1w9 sp/so (the 1w9 I'm certain of). He's actually a very interesting person full of paradoxes, I know I haven't met anyone quite like him before.
    the tjs greatly confuse me when typing them. the general consensus in my brain seems to be 1s, 6s, and 8s. i only know 1w2s, 6s, and a handful of 8s. 1w9 would be highly intriguing. 9w1s are one of my favorite types.

what would you say about your s.o? what have you learned about him, estj, 1w9, sp/so, etc? where does Si show up?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

how do you describe the differences for an sp last entp when moving on? you do get hurt, or take it to heart, more than most other entps? and the w6 creates a strong emphasis on the vulnerability of others, where it is easier to recognize what is difficult to directly address in yourself?

I'm not sure how much other ENTP's hurt, especially because many of us are strange about dealing with feelings. They apparently hurt for the same reasons I do, but the degree is tricky to tell. If I'm hurt by someone I'm close to, it hurts so much. But I also move on quickly.

For many people, past hurts are difficult to unload, and being the reason for someone else feeling that way scares me. So I try to be careful ... and it's not easy, because being myself creates messes. I feel like passive people can take the easy way out with this in a way that I can't. But then if I had the option to trade positions, I wouldn't, so ...

and i realized much of this is that if i were to read myself into the situation, i would see problems that would cause hurt everywhere. i feel like i am learning that i need to limit myself purposefully as well, that allowing relationships to go unchecked may be a learning experience but may not suit my best interests or those i care about. it's not a problem for everyone, it's a problem for me bc it's difficult to be half-in or half-assedly out. i don't naturally enjoy distance, i want to destroy it. i am not content and i always desire more.
    Yes!
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've been trying to work out how I could possibly be as anti-social as I am. I was talking to an INTP guy I stumbled into in the city and we talked for half an hour or so, and we agreed that I'm more of a hermit than he is... if that's even possible lol. I'm an extravert and an enneagram 7... but also Sx/Sp (possibly the other way round).

I can never find enough to stimulate my mind, it feels like I have to be lucky to stumble upon anything that can satiate my boredom, because it has to be a big enough discovery for it to induce growth, yet short enough to hold my attention span. I get a lot of stimulation from my family at home, I have two brothers (ESFP Sx/Sp and ESTP Sp/Sx) who I hang out with whenever I'm at home, so I'm never actually alone, and I don't need to really go outside of the house to seek company... which may be a different story when I move out.

add: Just read the description again, and it seems that what I've described is exactly what Sx is, although it's not the people seeking version, it's the stimulation seeking version. Sx fits me perfectly, and there are a lot of other ENXPs here that are also Sx/Sp types.
    5 3 9

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

great point about the attention span. everything or nothing, but goddamn it had better be RIGHT NOW! i get so impatient. it's getting to the point where i have difficulty reading book-length works. i need more complex currents than a single voice to energize me, or i need to see the endless refractions of the past/present/future simultaneously behind the voice to become interested. a big booming voice is one thing but i need every audio-visual signal/symbol to be so nearly fully saturated, so pregnant with meaning/desire, as to purport to be as complete as me, to challenge me and communicate more (so much more!) than i can possibly absorb in the present moment. bc THAT (and only that?) is exciting.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

ENTP 7w8 sx/sp here... any questions? ask away