123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Hard time with distinguishing sx/so and so/sx

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get over it?

The only way that I can really tell is that I just *know* if someone is social first; but sx/so is fuzzy. What are some distinguishers?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh, you made it a thread!

I always have this problem. Sx/so's have that same attracting presence I expect so/sx's to have, except one on one they get so intimate that I'm stunned for a moment because I don't think I'm that close to them at all. Can't really explain it.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I think being a so/sx variant myself, I have a 'different' radar for sx/so's where I can distinguish them pretty easily. Like Bubbles, I agree that their intensity range gives them away. I'm much more light-hearted, adaptive (with social first & sp last), and slower to engage on a very personal level in comparison. We love creating that good camaraderie, but the sx/so seems to take it further by speaking from an intimate, couple-like perspective with a natural ease. I also think they are a little more selective in who they choose to create those bonds with, and will often times speak much about their immediate circle.

For a....

So/Sx: It's all about the world/community, and sometimes where you or we stand.
    Sx/So: It's all about You and Us! And sometimes the world, depending on their mood.

*Take this post with a grain of salt.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for starting this thread! This will be very helpful.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

As an sx-so myself, I'd have to agree with Lethe.

I do care about the world, but I care even more about those close to me, especially those I have a deep connection with.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

People who lead sx (I'm one of them) are much more intense, and I would maybe even say a little more about making our presence felt than simply engaging with the world.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*ponders*

I'd say so's come of as smooth, often cultured and elegant...distinguished even. And they genuinly vibe that out, like a warm sofistication.

I recognize other sx's coz they often feel almost primal, electric and a bit animalistic at times, intense, instinctual almost. Though it can be hard to spot on the surface as it's not always beneficial to show that through and we are all taught how to behave in society. But you catch glimpses of that heat and intensity now and again. Almost predatory. It's strongest and most easily recognised in sx-sp's, but you'll find the sx-so just cover it up a little more, I think. That intensity is still there though, if you look passed the veneer.

I'm guessing that so-sx's only show that intense side with their partner, I think, or are way more limited in it. That intense side is but a small part of their social behavior. Whereas for the sx-so the social behavior is the veneer in which to coat their interactions to keep from looking overbearing and overwhelming.

(seriously just brainstorming here now, could be completely off )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    STP

I would say I am So/Sx. After reading Sp I dont really care about these things in me.

I would say So/Sx because chemistry takes a backseat to how we interact. I am pretty introverted and dont need a huge group, but I do seem to be unhappy when I am socially lost with people around me though most would never see this and confuse it with introversion.

in regards to Sp. Talk to my chiro and he would laugh at this about me and tries to figure out how I walk through the door because of what I do to my body. Its like I get a new back after every visit, now if I could just put in the time to get in their more often...maybe if I can get So and Sx under control I can focus on Sp Eh...my extent of Sp is pretty much I want good food on my plate(luckily im not to picky).
    People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body.
    Im out, its been fun

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

*takes notes*
    I've always wanted a bit more info on so/sx, so this is quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    STP

so buffers our sx big time. so will not let us do anything with sx that puts us in a place where our so will suffer.

With me introversion buffers so though because we dont need that huge social connection. Its a connection we only need with a select few. What comes first and foremost is our relationship health. Doing what it takes to maintain that relationship health, providing that comfort in our relationship. The health of so is driven towards our secondary instinct. They play off of each other. So for me the so in regards to relationships is making sure that our functional relationship allows sx as its what we need secondary. To put into place a structure to allow that deep connection and do what it takes to keep that structure in place regardless of anything that goes against sp. We push sp to the back burner. When things start to crumble our initial instinct is to make "us" better in regards to function and our interactions on a social level.

I would rather lose a connection but still have that ability present to recreate it if ever need be. This tends to allow me to let people go if thats what it requires to maintain that social relationship. All in all our sp suffers unless so and sx dont have to kick into survival mode.

atleast thats my take on it. so/sp are a different animal and i think sp has the same affect on the person as it does in sx/sp.
    Im out, its been fun