User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hmmm.. Thinking now I'm more of an 5w4 sx rather than sx/sp, by this definition. (The sp tendencies as far as I express tend to be more residual of the Five in general, rather than needing to be distinguished additionally by the sp marker.)

Especially as I've aged, I've moved out of sx/sp toward a more pure sx functional mindset. The first two paragraphs in that description fit me very well. Basically, the type is in extreme tension (much as is sx/sp, but I think 5w4 sx/sp is overbalanced as described to the detached end of things).

sx/sp mentions about having little regard for other's opinions and labels it as an "so" concern. While "so" is concerned about it, "so" also tends to be broad and shallow in the connection -- it's a social network, not necessarily an intimate network. I do care what others think relationally, but my goal is far more sx when I connect with people; the Five leads to an awareness and detachment, a resolution that others need their space and only enter intimacy out of their own choice, but the sx aspect ... which it can endure a relationship with boundaries... seems to always be disappointed when those boundaries are drawn and no more depth can ever be expected.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why does everyone cap himself as sx/sp? I see this a lot especially on the Internet. Despite the special circumstances regarding the mindset of those who frequent online communities, I think there should be more people who bear the social instinct in their stacking.

sp/so/sx

Even tests are saying that.

MBTI
    intp

SP description might as well be for an alien. do not relate. It focuses way too much on physical aspects of self-preservation. These are practical concerns but they do not loom as large as presented here.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    SP description might as well be for an alien. do not relate. It focuses way too much on physical aspects of self-preservation. These are practical concerns but they do not loom as large as presented here.
    Agreed. These are pretty terrible, lol.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Why does everyone cap himself as sx/sp? I see this a lot especially on the Internet. Despite the special circumstances regarding the mindset of those who frequent online communities, I think there should be more people who bear the social instinct in their stacking.
    well, a few thoughts:

1. It's the internetz. You're gonna find a lot of SP style people here (because it's a very "boundaried" medium, you can totally control the communication and lock people out and even hide your identity), and you're gonna find SX people here, since they can go deep in writing but not have any of the other obligations of relationships. SO people will probably just be using the net to network, and they might build some net community if they can't get out of the house, but they're the variant most likely to be out in the real world connecting with people.
    2. I think SO comes across as the least glamorous. It's probably the least extreme. I do think it's also routinely devalued as "shallow," which isn't the case at all.
    3. I don't think a lot of SX people are SX.
    4. There's also the possibility the tests and/or the variant theory itself is skewed or missing an element, etc.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I'm so SP it's not even funny.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I'm so SP it's not even funny.
    Ditto . . . by other metrics, tho.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm.. Thinking now I'm more of an 5w4 sx rather than sx/sp, by this definition. (The sp tendencies as far as I express tend to be more residual of the Five in general, rather than needing to be distinguished additionally by the sp marker.)

Especially as I've aged, I've moved out of sx/sp toward a more pure sx functional mindset. The first two paragraphs in that description fit me very well. Basically, the type is in extreme tension (much as is sx/sp, but I think 5w4 sx/sp is overbalanced as described to the detached end of things).

sx/sp mentions about having little regard for other's opinions and labels it as an "so" concern. While "so" is concerned about it, "so" also tends to be broad and shallow in the connection -- it's a social network, not necessarily an intimate network. I do care what others think relationally, but my goal is far more sx when I connect with people; the Five leads to an awareness and detachment, a resolution that others need their space and only enter intimacy out of their own choice, but the sx aspect ... which it can endure a relationship with boundaries... seems to always be disappointed when those boundaries are drawn and no more depth can ever be expected.
    I like this. I agree with all of it.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

From these descriptions, I'm pretty sure I'm sp/sx. That really seems to fit.

Where it gets more complicated is looking at the variants/stackings for each individual e-type. That's just kind of confused me...partly because I'm still not sure if I'm 6, or 9...and aspects of sp/sx seem to fit me for both, and others really not. I tend to score high on 4 as well, but that just doesn't fit (at first I thought it should, probably because I'm INFJ...but it doesn't.)

I commented in another thread that I find it "suspicious" that so many Type C members classify themselves as SX-dom. I also find it "suspicious" that virtually everyone places SO last among the variants - let alone having it as their dominant variant. But hey, I guess I've put myself in that category too. And perhaps it does make sense that SO-doms would be more out in "the real world" than on a forum such as this...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING