• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do urine/feces sprays work to deter cats?

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
My neighbor has an outdoor cat that poops in our garden, chases all the birds away and digs up our plants during the spring/summer months and we've tried just about every non-lethal deterrent we could find. I've read a few things about these sprays that give off the scent of a predator marking it's territory in order to scare the offending feline off but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with these products and if they worked? I understand MMMV but if the results are generally positive, I'm willing to try whatever works!

Edit: crud, can I get this moved to home/garden? My bad.... :blush:

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Yeah, I'd say if you sprayed some urine or feces in its face the cat might stay away for awhile.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well depending on how much you want to spend...

Cat Stop Cat & Animal Repellent <-- maybe something like that might help you out??

If you're looking for powders and sprays, however, and have tried a variety of them as it is...perhaps his cat is immune to such things? I know indoors we have used repellents on areas our cats have gone and they generally don't return to the same spot to defecate again [they just find another -.-; ]. However, some sprays simply don't work. Since a cat's olfactory senses are more sensitive than ours, there might be something negating the scent of a powder or spray [like a plant which overpowers or neutralizes the smell??]. Just a thought.. :) Good luck

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
My neighbor has an outdoor cat that poops in our garden, chases all the birds away and digs up our plants during the spring/summer months and we've tried just about every non-lethal deterrent we could find. I've read a few things about these sprays that give off the scent of a predator marking it's territory in order to scare the offending feline off but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with these products and if they worked? I understand MMMV but if the results are generally positive, I'm willing to try whatever works!

Get a dog? Besides that have to talk to a vet or maybe someone knowledgable in training pets.

I made my cat sit for treats so anything is possible...

Didums

You could always talk to your neighbor about it.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Citrus smelling stuff tends to bother most cats.

Ever thought about squeezing a few lemons out the back :D