User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Maybe it's the fact that there is a dirty little creature in my home that I never invited inside. You know, besides my husband.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's always my defense when someone questions my fear of crickets. They are so erratic! How can someone NOT be frightened?
    That's precisely why I'm afraid of moths, even moreso than crickets. They just flap all around and don't care if they flap right into your face. So many people think this is a ridiculous fear, and I fully recognize that there is no way a moth could hurt me. But enough people share my fear that there is a name for it (mottephobia) and a support group forum (ihatebutterflies.org, although I don't hate butterflies, I hate moths).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    infp

I had mice in one of the houses I lived in once, I couldn't bring myself to kill them, or even trap them humanely because I barely saw them and they didn't bother me.

They were so cute.

Although I understand they are considered to be a health hazard so can see why others wouldn't want them in the house.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's precisely why I'm afraid of moths, even moreso than crickets. They just flap all around and don't care if they flap right into your face. So many people think this is a ridiculous fear, and I fully recognize that there is no way a moth could hurt me. But enough people share my fear that there is a name for it (mottephobia) and a support group forum (ihatebutterflies.org, although I don't hate butterflies, I hate moths).
    I dunno. I'm still a little iffy about butterflies to be honest. I'm totally with you about moths. When one comes in the bedroom, I hide under the sheets until it's taken care of. I just imagine it getting in my hair or flying into my mouth as I'm screaming.

Oh wow. That's an actual website.

MBTI
    INFP

*trying to relate*

We have these huntsman spiders (the non-fake spiders from Arachnophobia) where I live which are apparently attracted to light. Which sucks when you wear a head-torch to bed as I do for reading purposes. The little fuckers have dropped onto my pillow a few times and then chased me down the bed and across the room. They run fast and can jump a bit too. It's a bit like the scene from Aliens in the med-lab.

MBTI
    INTP

MBTI
    INTj

Ahhh, why did I click that!? Eww. Eww. Do they even exist in the U.S.? If so, I'm never showering again.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I dunno. I'm still a little iffy about butterflies to be honest. I'm totally with you about moths. When one comes in the bedroom, I hide under the sheets until it's taken care of. I just imagine it getting in my hair or flying into my mouth as I'm screaming.

Oh wow. That's an actual website.
    I love you so much right now. Nobody ever understands my moth thing!

When I was pregnant with Thing 2 I realized I had never been entirely alone, and I wanted to be entirely alone for a few days before I went back to total togetherness with another human being that relies on me for all of its sustenence, so I went to my father-in-law's mountain retreat by myself. I took the long way up and stopped at a few places to shop or whatever, so it was after dark when I drove up the loooooooooong driveway and had to open two locked gates. I used my headlights to see, and at the second gate there was a HUGE-- I mean HUGE orange moth flapping around in the beam of light, trying to get me. It was fortunate that I was entirely alone, because otherwise my squealing and darting up to and away from the gate lock would have been very embarassing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Ahhh, why did I click that!? Eww. Eww. Do they even exist in the U.S.? If so, I'm never showering again.
    Yeah. I knew better than to do that.
    I didn't dare click on it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

JJJ, if I ever travel to Australia will you be my spider-killer? I'm not sure even Noah will touch that thing.