• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mouses in Your Houses

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it's the fact that there is a dirty little creature in my home that I never invited inside. You know, besides my husband.

Oh, he's not THAT little!

+1 for the chunky peanut-buttered trap. I killed about 16 mice in 48 hours with that stuff. Fortunately we have some aggressive ants in my part of the world to dispose of the corpses. Very elegant and clean skeletons afterwards.

holy cow.

(Speaking of that, can they strip a cow in under 2 minutes?)

...Bats are adorable! Okay, so I have a thing for rodents. Oh, okay, so it's critters in general.

Maybe you could catch the mice, dress them up in cute little rubber bat suits, then fling them across the street with a homemade trebuchet.

Just sayin'.

Hmm, this thread also reminds me of the other night, when I was rudely awakened by a big spider crawling over my face.

SHRIEK

No spiders.
None.
Nada.

Now you've got me recalling that "fear factor" episode where the guys had to get their girlfs' out of those large coffins while they were covered in tarantulas.

I need a shower, my skin aches.

Ahhh, why did I click that!? Eww. Eww. Do they even exist in the U.S.? If so, I'm never showering again.

waaa -- we can run but we can't hide... or shower?! :(

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
(Speaking of that, can they strip a cow in under 2 minutes?)

I wouldn't know, but they can strip 16 mice corpses clean in 24 hours. If a cow had been running around in my house, eating my tobacco rolling-papers I might be in a position to satisfy your morbid curiosity.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Normal crickets I can handle. Camel crickets -- No way. :horor:

I am a bad lady that poisons mice because I'm spacey and forget to check the traps and don't remember until they start smelling. With the poison they usually wander off somewhere outside my house to die.

My cats will kill mice, but they don't eat them. That would be too normal and convenient. No, they put them in the bathtub for safekeeping and playtime. :dry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just took this:

2922252284_17d8b5c9c5.jpg

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I love you so much right now. Nobody ever understands my moth thing!

Aww. See, that story doesn't seem odd to me because I would have acted similarly. I think the worst part about a moth in the house is that 15-20 seconds after someone tries to hit it with an object (and misses) and you have no idea where it flew off to. It could be down your shirt, under your pillow, or in your hair. NO ONE KNOWS! It's a very tense moment.

Oh, he's not THAT little!

That what she said.

Yesssssssssss. :cheese:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't know, but they can strip 16 mice corpses clean in 24 hours. If a cow had been running around in my house, eating my tobacco rolling-papers I might be in a position to satisfy your morbid curiosity.

I bet one of those would scare the hell out of rhinosaur if it landed on his face while he was asleep!

.... hmmm... maybe a cow dressed up in a rubber bat costume?
("I'm BATCOW!" Not very stealthy though, the damn cowbell keeps giving her away.)

... I think the worst part about a moth in the house is that 15-20 seconds after someone tries to hit it with an object (and misses) and you have no idea where it flew off to. It could be down your shirt, under your pillow, or in your hair. NO ONE KNOWS! It's a very tense moment.

ugh. I don't know how they do it. It's like a stealth plane, they just disappear.
Those thousand-leggers do that too. Grrrr.....

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Based on photographic evidence I estimate that moth to be roughly 2/3 the size of the hot tub.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
In my former house there were mouses. My parents put some glue on a plate with cheese in the middle, and it was pretty effective. But maybe you just don't like having a mouse sticked to somewhere yelling and all that...

But IMHO, you better take care of the moths *shivers at the pic*.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My cats are friggin' useless.

Hah! I hear that. My girls have their own cat doors and they bring mousies IN so they can play with them.

I nearly always have a live mouse in here somewhere.

Thankfully, it got caught between the pages of a book and Haight beat it to death with a broom.

So. We are to asume that Haight is not "friggin' useless?" ;)

Seriously, I don't let it bother me much. It's amusing to me.

I probably should be more concerned healthwise but it's never gotten to the point where it seems unhealthy. If it did I'd be clueless about how to remedy it as I don't care to murder small fuzzy creatures.

Maybe call your County Extension Agent? I'll bet they'd have some good ideas.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
So. We are to asume that Haight is not "friggin' useless?" ;)

Well, I'd probably still be standing on a chair right now if he were totally useless.

I'm not necessarily worried about one mouse. I'm worried about mice. And it's not even that cold outside yet, and one is already in here. I don't want my apartment to be infested.