• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Energy drinks

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
the fucking headache that you get with withdrawl from caffeine MAY make you murder people! I'm pretty much a solid addict, so I know that it's best to go ahead and continually consume caffeine ;)

not to mention, when feeling sluggish in the morning (that horribly accursed time of day) it can really make you feel human again :)

I lol'd. But I identify.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea I know what you mean. It seems like I always have a way of getting my fix though, be it green tea, coffee, energy drinks, VAULT(good alternative to regular soda).

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Caffeine is my lord and savior. I tried going without it, and the headaches were horrible.

Not to mention, all headache medicine is aspirin and caffeine combined -.-'

Without caffeine in the morning, I'm liable to be in a shitty mood for a good while

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Namely Monster. I love them, and it's a shame because they're horrible for you and basically a drug once you're hooked. What's pretty comical is Monster's king size can, which is comically large called "BFC" for "big fucking can." Pretty sure there's enough caffeine and sugar in one of those things to send a pack of mice to enjoy a rave party for the rest of their life.

Monster+BFC.JPG

Only in America...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Why wouldn't you understand why others would? It seems like simple logic to me. Sweet, soda-like taste with a hearty caffeine infusion. Besides it being detrimental to health, it's pretty win/win.

Sorry I don't get it.

Why do you think that they are so important for health?

Mole

Permabanned
Caffeine is my lord and savior. I tried going without it, and the headaches were horrible.

Not to mention, all headache medicine is aspirin and caffeine combined -.-'

Without caffeine in the morning, I'm liable to be in a shitty mood for a good while

These are withdrawal symptoms.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aside from getting withdrawal headaches if you don 't have enough caffeine, is there any other benefit you get from the caffeine? Would slowly weening yourself off it, work?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Sorry I don't get it.

Why do you think that they are so important for health?
They aren't important to health... They're bad for you. that's why I consider it a guilty pleasure that I indulge in more often than I should. However, with the decent taste and the caffeine buzz, I don't get why you'd be confused by others enjoying it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Despite all logical evidence that they shouldn't, some people still give in to their desires and drink it anyway.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Because they are bad for you so it makes no sense to consume them.
Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Caffeine honestly is such a small harm, that it really makes no sense to get worked up over the health consequences. There are MANY more stimulants that are a hella lot more damaging...cough...ritalin, cocaine, diet pills, and a whole host of other commonly used drugs that I wont bother mentioning. The ups and downs aren't really that pronounced either once you get used to it( in a relative sense, and considering you dont go completely cold turkey)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?

Sorry, from my perspective this equation works and should be applyed.

I don't drink soda.

As for the ice-cream, when my family is feasting with ice-cream I reject my portion because I don't see the point in eating it. I can eat it without problem if I don't want to be hungry but the sensing feeling part is lost for me.

From experiance I know that this sounds like a horror story to other people but this is who I am.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I can sort of see that. When I got into working out I was like that and could really understand your perspective... but to maintain that for a prolonged period of time is another story.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

As for me, I'm a fan of moderation and I try my best to adhere to it. I don't cut out the bad stuff completely, I just don't get carried away with it. I feel guilty about it when I do, hence me complaining of my indulgence in energy drinks as of late.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

You have no idea how many people think like you.
I guess it is because my senses are not too sophisticated and I am not very emotional person.