User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Energy drinks

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Aside from getting withdrawal headaches if you don 't have enough caffeine, is there any other benefit you get from the caffeine? Would slowly weening yourself off it, work?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Sorry I don't get it.

Why do you think that they are so important for health?
    They aren't important to health... They're bad for you. that's why I consider it a guilty pleasure that I indulge in more often than I should. However, with the decent taste and the caffeine buzz, I don't get why you'd be confused by others enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I don't get why you'd be confused by others enjoying it.

Because they are bad for you so it makes no sense to consume them.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Despite all logical evidence that they shouldn't, some people still give in to their desires and drink it anyway.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Because they are bad for you so it makes no sense to consume them.
    Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?

MBTI
    INTP

Caffeine honestly is such a small harm, that it really makes no sense to get worked up over the health consequences. There are MANY more stimulants that are a hella lot more damaging...cough...ritalin, cocaine, diet pills, and a whole host of other commonly used drugs that I wont bother mentioning. The ups and downs aren't really that pronounced either once you get used to it( in a relative sense, and considering you dont go completely cold turkey)
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?
    Sorry, from my perspective this equation works and should be applyed.

I don't drink soda.

As for the ice-cream, when my family is feasting with ice-cream I reject my portion because I don't see the point in eating it. I can eat it without problem if I don't want to be hungry but the sensing feeling part is lost for me.

From experiance I know that this sounds like a horror story to other people but this is who I am.

MBTI
    INTP

I can sort of see that. When I got into working out I was like that and could really understand your perspective... but to maintain that for a prolonged period of time is another story.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ISTx

Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

As for me, I'm a fan of moderation and I try my best to adhere to it. I don't cut out the bad stuff completely, I just don't get carried away with it. I feel guilty about it when I do, hence me complaining of my indulgence in energy drinks as of late.

Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

You have no idea how many people think like you.
    I guess it is because my senses are not too sophisticated and I am not very emotional person.