User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Energy drinks

  1. #31
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Aside from getting withdrawal headaches if you don 't have enough caffeine, is there any other benefit you get from the caffeine? Would slowly weening yourself off it, work?

  2. #32
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Sorry I don't get it.


    Why do you think that they are so important for health?
    They aren't important to health... They're bad for you. that's why I consider it a guilty pleasure that I indulge in more often than I should. However, with the decent taste and the caffeine buzz, I don't get why you'd be confused by others enjoying it.

  3. #33
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I don't get why you'd be confused by others enjoying it.

    Because they are bad for you so it makes no sense to consume them.

  4. #34
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Despite all logical evidence that they shouldn't, some people still give in to their desires and drink it anyway.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  5. #35
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Because they are bad for you so it makes no sense to consume them.
    Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Caffeine honestly is such a small harm, that it really makes no sense to get worked up over the health consequences. There are MANY more stimulants that are a hella lot more damaging...cough...ritalin, cocaine, diet pills, and a whole host of other commonly used drugs that I wont bother mentioning. The ups and downs aren't really that pronounced either once you get used to it( in a relative sense, and considering you dont go completely cold turkey)
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  7. #37
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Right.... Sense isn't part of the equation in the way you are trying to apply it. Doing and consuming for nothing more than pleasure isn't something you're ever guilty of? Do you not drink soda ever? How about ice cream?
    Sorry, from my perspective this equation works and should be applyed.

    I don't drink soda.

    As for the ice-cream, when my family is feasting with ice-cream I reject my portion because I don't see the point in eating it. I can eat it without problem if I don't want to be hungry but the sensing feeling part is lost for me.

    From experiance I know that this sounds like a horror story to other people but this is who I am.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I can sort of see that. When I got into working out I was like that and could really understand your perspective... but to maintain that for a prolonged period of time is another story.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  9. #39
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

    As for me, I'm a fan of moderation and I try my best to adhere to it. I don't cut out the bad stuff completely, I just don't get carried away with it. I feel guilty about it when I do, hence me complaining of my indulgence in energy drinks as of late.

  10. #40
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Damn, while apparently you don't enjoy soda and ice cream is something you try to stay away from, I find it hard to believe you've thoroughly cut out all self destructive indulgences in your life lol. So, while energy drinks may not make sense to you, I'm sure there is something that does where I could reverse your argument on to you.

    You have no idea how many people think like you.
    I guess it is because my senses are not too sophisticated and I am not very emotional person.

Similar Threads

  1. Solar Energy from Space
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 11:19 PM
  2. Delicious drinks
    By spirilis in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM
  3. How much do you drink?
    By MetalWounds in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 12:59 AM
  4. Energy Drinks
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 06:21 AM
  5. Robotic Brains and Energy=Happiness?
    By Spartan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO