User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: If

MBTI
    XNXP

Default If

What if you knew you could talk to a being ( or beings in some cases ) that lives here on earth, and that normally cannot speak to humans, for a half hour only.
    What would you ask ? You cannot divide the half hour up and talk to more than one category.
    Categories -
    ( 1. ) Mammals
    ( 2. ) Plants ( an entire field or "crop" or a lone tree )
    ( 3. ) Insects ( a swarm or "hive mind" that might be the Queen or some collective
    ( 4. ) Bird ( flock ? - less certain of it being mostly one voice )
    ( 5. ) Lizard
    etc.

Which category would you pick and what would you talk about ? Would you talk to a pet or would you talk to something you are even more curious about ?

Don't bother asking me how detailed their answers can be, as this is obviously not a scientific question. Just for farts and giggles. The speech may occur in a mind to mind manner and does not require a tongue etc. It might be very simple, if you are talking to a simple being. "Am I a good dog?" ( present tense only ) might be a question your pet would ask you. Or change the rules to suit yourself.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

This is a really interesting question, kuranes.

Hormonal/Collective sentience has always been an interesting biological question for me. As such, I'd probably try to interact with a community of minds.

Insects - with particular interest paid to ants/bees.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This is a really interesting question, kuranes.

Hormonal/Collective sentience has always been an interesting biological question for me. As such, I'd probably try to interact with a community of minds.

Insects - with particular interest paid to ants/bees.
    Interesting non-fiction science book on this, written long ago, called "The Soul of the White Ant"

We might even be able to get a good discussion going between bees or termites and an IT expert, who was comparing hierarchical systems and databases to other kinds.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    We might even be able to get a good discussion going between bees or termites and an IT expert, who was comparing hierarchical systems and databases to other kinds.
    Yes - that's precisely it.

What's particularly fascinating about insects is the efficiency of production - both in terms of basic reproduction and protection of lifestyle.

Individuality is a fascinating psychological creation. I think it would be exciting to seek a meaningful exchange with an entity disinclined towards a sense of personal autonomy.

Interesting non-fiction science book on this, written long ago, called "The Soul of the White Ant"
    Thank you - I'm Googling it as we speak...

MBTI
    istp

i would talk to the glacier ice worm, because it is the loneliest creature. to know what you have, you must become aware of what you dont, and loneliness is said to be the greatest poverty.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    to know what you have, you must become aware of what you dont, and loneliness is said to be the greatest poverty.
    Very well said, Grayscale.

Clearly, yours isn't a poverty of imagination.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i would talk to the glacier ice worm, because it is the loneliest creature.
    I wonder what similarities there might be to the thermal vent worms of the ocean ?

Is that cat in your avatar your pet ? ( Or is it a panther ? Can't tell. )

What would "you" ask your pet ? ( Others feel free to answer )

What if you knew you could talk to a being ( or beings in some cases ) that lives here on earth, and that normally cannot speak to humans, for a half hour only.
    What would you ask ? You cannot divide the half hour up and talk to more than one category.
    Categories -
    ( 1. ) Mammals
    ( 2. ) Plants ( an entire field or "crop" or a lone tree )
    ( 3. ) Insects ( a swarm or "hive mind" that might be the Queen or some collective
    ( 4. ) Bird ( flock ? - less certain of it being mostly one voice )
    ( 5. ) Lizard
    etc.

Which category would you pick and what would you talk about ? Would you talk to a pet or would you talk to something you are even more curious about ?

Don't bother asking me how detailed their answers can be, as this is obviously not a scientific question. Just for farts and giggles. The speech may occur in a mind to mind manner and does not require a tongue etc. It might be very simple, if you are talking to a simple being. "Am I a good dog?" ( present tense only ) might be a question your pet would ask you. Or change the rules to suit yourself.
    A female Luna Moth, Actias Luna.

I would ask: Considering you live a week at most, have no way to speak or eat, will never see your mate again, and never know your children --is it still worth it?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTJ

I would talk to a cockroach. I would ask the cockroach what it feels like to be so hated and what, for instance, is considered the worst way of dying; being stamped on, choking on bug spray, the chalk....Also, what's it like watching your buddy from a distance, lying flat on his back, kicking like a maniac.
    I'll tell him that I'm sorry for his troubles and then I'll remember that I'm an ISTJ, and I'll realize we have lot in common...The End
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I would go to North Carolina and talk to a few of the really old trees (probably some conifers) to find out what really happened to the members of the Roanoke colony.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness