User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Wine!

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Wine!

I see there are a few threads about vodka, so they gave me the idea to pick everyone's brains about WINE! What are some of your favorites?

I've fallen in love with Pepperwood Grove's wine, and it's very well priced at $10 for a 750 ml bottle. When onsale, it's more like $7. w00t Thus far I've tried their Merlot and Cabernet. In fact, this was the first cab I've had that made me go Mmmm...I was quite turned off by me previous experience with cab.

MBTI
    ENTP

night train :|
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    XNXP

I prefer ( in whites ) German wine, especially "Ausleser and up" grades, which would include Eiswein. In reds I prefer Pinot Noir.

Robert Stemmler made a good Pinot, I remember. My favorite Pinot bottle was probably a Coron Pere et Fils Mercurey, described as "unpretentious" in a book I found ( stop laughing ) . From the same company I enjoyed their Vosne Romanee.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTP

w/e is from france -__-

i wanna live in a chateau!
    She talks pretty but says mean things

violaine

I only like red wine, of which I prefer Pinot Noir. The nicest ones I've had have been from New Zealand, Tasmania and the Willamette Valley, Oregon.

MBTI
    INFP

We need a moderator to lock this thread every time Pure Mercury logs on. It'll drive him nuts.

MBTI
    ENFP

I like both red and white, but the majority of what I've been drinking lately has been RED! Especially since we are moving into the colder months here, which call for bolder wines and darker beers! :p

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I've found I prefer sweet wines, although red wine's been giving me trouble (possible allergic reaction) but I haven't done extensive experimentation to figure out what it is (could be the sulfites, but I've had less trouble with whites too...)

Mead absolutely rocks.
    This one variety of Blueberry wine I tried at the Maryland Wine Festival rocks, it has overtones of cinnamon (IMO). Made by Loew Vineyards (Mt. Airy, MD)
    Last edited by spirilis; 10-03-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: wow, totally mixing up my wineries...
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a subject on which I know things!!! (I work at a winery!)

anything red and dry usually leaves the cockles of my heart happy- though I must say that spanish reds, argentine malbecs and chilean carmeneres make me especially delighted
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP

Hey, whatver--can you (or anyone else) explain the difference between sweet and dry! As I drink more wine, I think I'm starting to get a feel for the concept...but I'm not quite sure yet! So please feel free, anyone, to offer exaamples and explanations! :p

My friend has mentioned Malbecs a few times...he must <3 them. :p Next time he is in town, maybe I will get him to go pick a few new wines to expose me too. :p