• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wine!

BridgeCable

MBTI Type
INTJ
i thought youd never ask....

well... ive always had a large forehead...sometimes it tends to bulge and make the rest of my face look gaunt, i never have enough time, i want my civil liberties back, i miss having the option to call them up, the roads are full of potholes, i have relatively fragile fingernails, i dislike the cold, things just don't go right for me it seems, its like the whole world is against me... nobody understands me etc, etc...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*looking as imperious as possible for a short chick*

I'd suggest pairing the smoked gouda with your w(h)ine, sir...

and on a side note- I really felt like replacing my empty bottle of Madiera today, but thanks to state laws, no liquor store is open :dry: I'll probably have to drive to the north side of town to find one anyways since they don't carry Madiera in the ghetto :doh:

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
*looking as imperious as possible for a short chick*

I'd suggest pairing the smoked gouda with your w(h)ine, sir...

and on a side note- I really felt like replacing my empty bottle of Madiera today, but thanks to state laws, no liquor store is open :dry: I'll probably have to drive to the north side of town to find one anyways since they don't carry Madiera in the ghetto :doh:

I <3 Gouda!

Double Damn you! You're making me want to go to the store to pick up some Gouda to pair with a Riesling in my fridge.

Whatever,
Can you only get liquor in a liquor store like Utah where you live?

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Mmm riesling <3

I would love to live in some place where you could get liqour from a regular store. :) Speaking of liqour, I just realized I've not drank hard alchol since like September. :p

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been drinking Francis Ford Coppola's wine (The Merlot). Mostly because he's a cool movie director and I live near and have been to his winery. Lame, I know but I think it's good.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Coppola does a good job at making wine as well :) I've had most of his dry reds and found them to be quite satisfactory (and I'm usually an import drinker!)

I'm a bigger fan of his Petite Sirah, but to each his/her own... especially with wine and politics :D

And you can get liquor at most grociery stores here- just not on Sunday. And we certainly can't receive or send wine by the mail between here and other states! (I hear all about THAT law at work :dry:)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My favorite so far is Lodge Hill from Australia, though it costs about 24euros, more than 30 bucks in here. (15 bucks in the states.) Shiraz, one of my favorite grapes. I've only bought one bottle of it and loved it, I'll have to buy more for some special occasions :)

Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2004

Huh, already drank & gave away all the home made wine from last batch :huh:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've been drinking Francis Ford Coppola's wine (The Merlot). Mostly because he's a cool movie director and I live near and have been to his winery. Lame, I know but I think it's good.

That is one of the few American merlots I find drinkable. He does a good job.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Coppola does a good job at making wine as well :) I've had most of his dry reds and found them to be quite satisfactory (and I'm usually an import drinker!)

I'm a bigger fan of his Petite Sirah, but to each his/her own... especially with wine and politics :D

And you can get liquor at most grociery stores here- just not on Sunday. And we certainly can't receive or send wine by the mail between here and other states! (I hear all about THAT law at work :dry:)

Is the Coppola a Syrah or a Petite Sirah?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could swear up and down it was a Petite Sirah, but it was last year I drank it. I've been on a Carmenere/Zin kick lately :doh:

I usually prefer a Petite Sirah to a Syrah :)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I could swear up and down it was a Petite Sirah, but it was last year I drank it. I've been on a Carmenere/Zin kick lately :doh:

I usually prefer a Petite Sirah to a Syrah :)

You like the big, tannic reds then? I am fond of both of them myself. Petite Sirah has that smack-you-in-the-mouth, take-all-the-spit-out flavor that I usually find exhilarating.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
What is petitie syrah like? It's yet another one of the viarietals I've not explored...:p

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A good petite syrah has a slight peppery bite and enough tannins to make you feel like you've turned into a cat. It's the wine equivalent of a fight with Chuck Norris :wubbie:

I like a good big, tannic red wine. I do love a good grenache blend any day, especially either a spanish or rhone meritage blend- both tannic and complex. Nero d'Avola is a good Sicilian red with some backbone, and another (that I've mentioned before) is carmenere- most commonly chilean.

though, against the "wisdom" of Sideways, I'd choose a merlot over a pinot noir on most occasions (unless I was eating salmon)... so take my opinion with a bit of salt, or tannins ;)

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wine is great! It's awesome because I can run windows apps without much problem! I can run Flash on Linux using wine, and uTorrent too! I don't think there is a windows equivilant to Wine...

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've only been drinking beer lately...and not very much of it. :p But I'm craving some red wine now. :p But I'm not sure what...sometimes I've very indecisive about what to drink. :)