User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default How to cure a necrotic thumb?

Guys, I am awful at growing things.

My plants are all dying. I have a fog of fuck nature that looms around me at all times... and I believe the most plausible answer is that my father was a plant necromancer that could ignore plants, let them die, and revive them with dark arts and I am paying for those sins with a curse of never letting anything around me live.

But seriously, aloe plants? Nearly all died. It was doing okay, transplanted them step by step according to the most useful resources I could find, and I FINALLY found a spot they wouldn't die in... but recently I bought rosemary, peppers, and I was regrowing green onion and celery and none of it was doing particularly well. The celery is still alive (though not growing much past where it is at now) and the peppers are alive 3/4 but, again, not growing very much, the rosemary is nearly dead (though it seemed healthy a week or two ago) and the green onions are all shot as well.

@_@ I'm trying out some gardening I've been seeing online from a dude, but I don't think it'll save the rosemary.

Guys, how do I stop killing plants? I've killed mint. MINT. I've killed aloes. I've killed many things people claim won't die.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes geedoenfj, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I'km glad/dissapointed that this is not about an actual necrotic thumb. glad cuz that would be bad, dissapointed because i like gorey things.

plants i kill plants too so i'm no help.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes geedoenfj, kyuuei, JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Guys, I am awful at growing things.

My plants are all dying. I have a fog of fuck nature that looms around me at all times... and I believe the most plausible answer is that my father was a plant necromancer that could ignore plants, let them die, and revive them with dark arts and I am paying for those sins with a curse of never letting anything around me live.

But seriously, aloe plants? Nearly all died. It was doing okay, transplanted them step by step according to the most useful resources I could find, and I FINALLY found a spot they wouldn't die in... but recently I bought rosemary, peppers, and I was regrowing green onion and celery and none of it was doing particularly well. The celery is still alive (though not growing much past where it is at now) and the peppers are alive 3/4 but, again, not growing very much, the rosemary is nearly dead (though it seemed healthy a week or two ago) and the green onions are all shot as well.

@_@ I'm trying out some gardening I've been seeing online from a dude, but I don't think it'll save the rosemary.

Guys, how do I stop killing plants? I've killed mint. MINT. I've killed aloes. I've killed many things people claim won't die.
    That really is amazing. I have two varieties of mint - both are in pots in the ground because it's so invasive. Maybe you should try bamboo and see if you can kill that - I've never heard of anyone succeeding, outside of a bomb or heavy equipment to dig up the entire area.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

If hardy plants are dying too, check for fungus in the soil.
    Likes JAVO liked this post

I don't know why I was hoping from the title of this thread that it would be a lot darker, possibly involving necromancy.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

For some reason my brain saw this as Neurotic Thumb and so I entered thinking what the hell is that? I don't know for a guy that loves nature, animals, and hiking I've murdered a small amount of plants I was supposed to be caring for while someone was in the hospital.

Become a kudzu farmer? That stuff is pervasive in the southern U.S. from what I've been told.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Cut it

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Cacti and other succulents work for me. Although only on my windowsill.

Maybe the plants don't like the soil?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    That really is amazing. I have two varieties of mint - both are in pots in the ground because it's so invasive. Maybe you should try bamboo and see if you can kill that - I've never heard of anyone succeeding, outside of a bomb or heavy equipment to dig up the entire area.
    Hahaha I dunno I am pretty stellar. I'll have to give it a shot.

I've been trying my hand at indoor gardening because everything outside is dying... so I just let weeds grow to make myself feel better... and my indoor plants are also dying.. though I used soil from outside, it was nice and composted and I don't see why it would suck.. but.. maybe I'll try some indoor garden mix or something. @_@
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Hahaha I dunno I am pretty stellar. I'll have to give it a shot.

I've been trying my hand at indoor gardening because everything outside is dying... so I just let weeds grow to make myself feel better... and my indoor plants are also dying.. though I used soil from outside, it was nice and composted and I don't see why it would suck.. but.. maybe I'll try some indoor garden mix or something. @_@
    That idea wouldn't hurt. You could also take some of your soil to a greenhouse, they can test it to see if there is too much/not enough of something. There is so much phosphorus in the soil due to livestock and farming methods all over the place. But I would try some good indoor mix with nutrients - like Miracle Grown indoor soil - and see if it makes a difference. I use it for my potted herbs I keep on the windowsill and it works great.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.