• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strange taste combos that are amazing

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Dip a banana into tomato sauce.

sorry [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] this one now wins as the weirdest one sorry, but you're still 2nd place. congrats. actually this might be good but i'm not gonna go out of my way to try it.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Saltsticks with pâté though I used to eat this as a ritual so :shrug:

Kas

Fabula rasa
Oh and I rarely admit it to people, but I put some sugar on my russian pierogi (which are salty with cottage cheese, onion and potatoes)

Kas

Fabula rasa
what are saltsticks?

paluszki.jpg

Are they called differently?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like chicken and waffles, and I dip the chicken in ranch, so I figured why not dip the waffle in ranch?

...It works.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
American Cheese Ben& Jerry's Steven Colbert's Americone Dream & toaster waffles. Feel your tastebuds explode in an orgy of desserts.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it a spiced up tomato sauce? Do you fry the bananas or eat them raw?
I could see that working....like bananas in green curry...mmmm!

No.. just a regular banana dipped in a marinara kind of sauce. Just trust me

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Salty caramel and honey fries (Aka sweet potato fries).

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Bread with chocolate syrup

-Scooped coffee flavor and huckleberry ice cream

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Munster cheese slices
Raspberry preserves
Green onion
Chopped pecans (optional)
Crusty bread slices

Layer on the bread, butter on the outside. Grill. Best grilled cheese ever.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Munster cheese slices
Raspberry preserves
Green onion
Chopped pecans (optional)
Crusty bread slices

Layer on the bread, butter on the outside. Grill. Best grilled cheese ever.

In a similar vein: smoked oysters, goat cheese, little scallion, little raspberry preserve on a cracker.

Melon wrapped in prosciutto.

An ESFP friend also recently fed me a bacon, smoked salmon, jalapeno cheese, fried egg and tomato sandwich on toast. The flavors layered in a really beautiful way. You get the flavor of the smoke and crunch from the bacon and the salmon that carried into the spicy, creaminess of the cheese and the egg, then at the very end a bit of brightness at the end from the tomato. The bread being toasted gave the sandwich enough integrity that it didnt fall apart. It was absolutely genius.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In a similar vein: smoked oysters, goat cheese, little scallion, little raspberry preserve on a cracker.

Melon wrapped in prosciutto.

An ESFP friend also recently fed me a bacon, smoked salmon, jalapeno cheese, fried egg and tomato sandwich on toast. The flavors layered in a really beautifully. You got the flavor of the smoke and crunch from the bacon and the salmon that carried into the spicy, creaminess of the cheese and the egg, then at the very end a bit of brightness at the end from the tomato. The bread being toasted gave the sandwich enough integrity that it didnt fall apart. It was absolutely genius.

Very interesting combo, I wonder if smoked whitefish would work or be too assertive. I also love honeydew/prosciutto. That sandwich I posted came from a cheese ball. I eat the shit out of oysters so the canape sounds good too.

I'm going to make this sometime this weekend, I may stick to just asparagus.

Spring Vegetable Salad With Poached Egg and Crispy Bread Crumbs Recipe | Serious Eats