User Tag List

First 123

We don't have cute squirrels. Only the grey, fluffy country rats.

I am moving my bird feeder setup today because the squirrels are making a mess of my patio. I suspect we will lose birds for a while. When I tried to move the feeder last year, everyone stopped coming. I was so upset, I put it back, but I cannot stand this greasy suet mess on the patio floor another day.

I saw my first male hummingbird yesterday (ever), and the day before that I saw my first red-breasted grosbeak. And we now have flickers darting around the yard, eating ants.
    "My good opinion once lost is lost forever." -- Darcy

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    We don't have cute squirrels. Only the grey, fluffy country rats.

I am moving my bird feeder setup today because the squirrels are making a mess of my patio. I suspect we will lose birds for a while. When I tried to move the feeder last year, everyone stopped coming. I was so upset, I put it back, but I cannot stand this greasy suet mess on the patio floor another day.

I saw my first male hummingbird yesterday (ever), and the day before that I saw my first red-breasted grosbeak. And we now have flickers darting around the yard, eating ants.
    I wouldn't be too worried about moving the feeder. When they get hungry, people will come. (Yes, I call birds people... ) Wherever you move it, they will find it soon enough. Move it to where you feel comfortable with it, but be sure to look at the location you move it from a bird's eye view to be sure that there isn't anything nearby that will absolutely drive them away.