• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which gives you a worse hangover wine/beer or liquor?

Which gives you a worse hangover beer/wine or liquor

• Total voters

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I drink a lot of water, it doesn't give me a hangover :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
the only hangover i've ever had was because of tequila. never again.

But margaritas are soooo good. However you're correct and it has to be 100% agave. Anything adulterated is viscous.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Vodka-Sprite. NEVER offer me a single glass of this unless you wanna see me giggling like a dumb schoolgirl, crying bucketfuls over lost friends and tripping everywhere all night. I can't hold it very well. :blush:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly anything with hard liquor is more of a problem because I can't tell how much I've had.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But margaritas are soooo good. However you're correct and it has to be 100% agave. Anything adulterated is viscous.

That reminds me of the cruise we took to a few southern countries. Costa rica, Belize, etc. We did a salsa and salsa class. They taught us how to make salsa and dance salsa...but the best part was all you can drink margaritas :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah but i find that not to be true in practice. i think it's a wivestale to sell more beer and wine which is stupid because i like the taste of those.

I would ask you how fast you drink certain drinks? Beer has around 4-5% abv wine is 14-16% abv and liquor usually is 60 - 150 proof (30-75% abv)

1 drink = 1 hour to metabolize (doesn't account for all metabolic rates) is the standard based on 1 beer = 12 oz, 1 glass of wine = 5 oz and 1 liquor drink/shot = 2 oz

But if you drink a beer or wine at a FASTER rate than you sip on liquor, you may find that not to be true. Also, people probably overpouring and therefore misjudged how much of beer/wine they may actually be ingesting.

So that Bennigans pour of wine to the top of a glass is more like 4 glasses of wine. Just cause it fits in the glass...technically, you just had one glass of wine. Or that 24 oz beer is 1 beer but technically 2. :whistling:

That's why I drink beer out of a big yardstick long boot. Das Boot. If I get a cop asking me how much I drank that night I will say, I only had one boot, sir. And this will confuse him and he will let me go. Brilliant!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would ask you how fast you drink certain drinks? Beer has around 4-5% abv wine is 14-16% abv and liquor usually is 60 - 150 proof (30-75% abv)

1 drink = 1 hour to metabolize (doesn't account for all metabolic rates) is the standard based on 1 beer = 12 oz, 1 glass of wine = 5 oz and 1 liquor drink/shot = 2 oz

But if you drink a beer or wine at a FASTER rate than you sip on liquor, you may find that not to be true. Also, people probably overpouring and therefore misjudged how much of beer/wine they may actually be ingesting.

So that Bennigans pour of wine to the top of a glass is more like 4 glasses of wine. Just cause it fits in the glass...technically, you just had one glass of wine. Or that 24 oz beer is 1 beer but technically 2. :whistling:

That's why I drink beer out of a big yardstick long boot. Das Boot. If I get a cop asking me how much I drank that night I will say, I only had one boot, sir. And this will confuse him and he will let me go. Brilliant!

it usually takes me an hour and a half to finish a drink unless it's shot which i rarely do. and i usually put 2-4oz of liqour in my cocktails and i do stuff like whiskey sours,martinis, tom collins, mostly stuff that has citrus in it because i like sour the other night i had a delicious drink that was 3 oz vodka 2 oz each of lemon juice and grapefruit juice and 1.5oz simple syrup. it was delicious my mom thought it was too sour i loved it. then another drink i like is called a bacardi it 1stp grenadine 3oz white rum 1oz lime juice it tasted like drinking a lime.

but to be fair i'm also a slow drinker with non-alcoholic drinks as well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it usually takes me an hour and a half to finish a drink unless it's shot which i rarely do. and i usually put 2-4oz of liqour in my cocktails and i do stuff like whiskey sours,martinis, tom collins, mostly stuff that has citrus in it because i like sour the other night i had a delicious drink that was 3 oz vodka 2 oz each of lemon juice and grapefruit juice and 1.5oz simple syrup. it was delicious my mom thought it was too sour i loved it. then another drink i like is called a bacardi it 1stp grenadine 3oz white rum 1oz lime juice it tasted like drinking a lime.

but to be fair i'm also a slow drinker with non-alcoholic drinks as well.

Prpl mixology. :D

I love the sour drinks also so your first drink sounds lovely. Even with whiskey I will take a lemon peel twist and burn the oil with a lighter and put the peel in the whiskey.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I love the sour drinks also so your first drink sounds lovely. Even with whiskey I will take a lemon peel twist and burn the oil with a lighter and put the peel in the whiskey.

i plan on making this probably friday with dinner: Original Whiskey Sour Recipe | Real Men Drink Whiskey

yeah it started out as a salty dog but i had already measured out the vodka and only had 2 oz of grapefruit juice and i tasted it and it wasn't very good if i had the other 1oz of grapefruit juice it probably would've been good plus i think i put too much simple syrup in and i had to round it out with something and i chose lemon juice. and it was amazing.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say the effects for all are equal for me. It's more a matter of eating well, adequate hydration, and pacing, in my case.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get hangovers often (I drink a lot of water to avoid them), but I usually avoid red wine because it's consistently the most prone of anything to leave me feeling ill both in terms of stomach and head. White/Rose wine is fine, and I don't have an issue with most liquor.

Yepppp. This is me. Red wine is the worse. I'm also the least fun kind of drunk when drinking wine.

the only hangover i've ever had was because of tequila. never again.

I got hospitalized in college over some poor decision making re: tequila. Me and José don't really talk anymore after that. That said, I had Patrón for the first time fairly recently and it was wonderful.

I like sour, too. I'm also really big on savory. Do y'all have micheladas over there? I think it's mostly a south Texas thing. I could drink those and bloody marys all day and feel really great about my choices.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like sour, too. I'm also really big on savory. Do y'all have micheladas over there? I think it's mostly a south Texas thing. I could drink those and bloody marys all day and feel really great about my choices.

FL here. FL isn't into the micheladas but I love them! They aren't as heavy/salty as straight Bloody Marys and I like that quality. As far as Teqilla, I favor Reposados. Since you like Patron, you would probably enjoy Partida and Milagro brands, as well.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yepppp. This is me. Red wine is the worse. I'm also the least fun kind of drunk when drinking wine.

I got hospitalized in college over some poor decision making re: tequila. Me and José don't really talk anymore after that. That said, I had Patrón for the first time fairly recently and it was wonderful.

omg i love bloody mary's i also love dirty gin martinis and have considered putting a small amount of cold beef broth in them which i'm convinced will be delicious i'll probably do that next time.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FL here. FL isn't into the micheladas but I love them! They aren't as heavy/salty as straight Bloody Marys and I like that quality. As far as Teqilla, I favor Reposados. Since you like Patron, you would probably enjoy Partida and Milagro brands, as well.

They're super refreshing. I also get a sort of perverted delight out of the fact that they seem to be an acquired taste, so getting unsuspecting people to drink them is hilarious to me. :D

I know Milagro but not Partida. I will have to check them out. For the longest time, just the smell of tequila would make me nauseous. Apparently, the truth is that I just can't do cheap tequila.

omg i love bloody mary's i also love dirty gin martinis and have considered putting a small amount of cold beef broth in them which i'm convinced will be delicious i'll probably do that next time.

Ooh let me know how the beef broth in the gin works out that sounds amazing. Gin has that nice herbal flavor to it, so it probably gives a really interesting flavor to the beef broth.

Two unrelated thoughts that you might appreciate:

1) I was hanging out with someone who evened out some really shitty vodka with some table salt. It changed my life. He was making greyhounds with Burnetts and some grapefruits he'd picked from a tree outside his house, then put some salt on top, shook it and it was completely smoothed out the vodka. I don't know if this is as surprising to others as it was to me.

2) One of my favorite things to cook is a homemade version of the chicken tequila fettucine recipe from California Pizza Kitchen. I have a special way of preparing it, but it's based on this recipe.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't really get hangovers, even when I drink a lot, I wonder if its because I drink so much water throughout the day...It's rather hard for me to like get drunk, I have to really line 'em up.
d3aa9bfee494e3ba3d2c78e268cb0eca.jpg

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It's been a long time since I've drunk a lot and I don't get a lot of hangovers. Drink water before and after, eat food beforehand (you can also snack while you drink) and it'll help.

The last time I had a real monster of a hangover was the day after a christmas party. I got so drunk I became a party animal and reached a strange level of clarity. Singing Andy Williams and dancing with lesbians apparently. I don't even know how to dance

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really get hangovers, even when I drink a lot, I wonder if its because I drink so much water throughout the day...It's rather hard for me to like get drunk, I have to really line 'em up.
d3aa9bfee494e3ba3d2c78e268cb0eca.jpg
Take care of your liver, now! ('cause I like you)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
They're super refreshing. I also get a sort of perverted delight out of the fact that they seem to be an acquired taste, so getting unsuspecting people to drink them is hilarious to me. :D

I know Milagro but not Partida. I will have to check them out. For the longest time, just the smell of tequila would make me nauseous. Apparently, the truth is that I just can't do cheap tequila.

Ooh let me know how the beef broth in the gin works out that sounds amazing. Gin has that nice herbal flavor to it, so it probably gives a really interesting flavor to the beef broth.

Two unrelated thoughts that you might appreciate:

1) I was hanging out with someone who evened out some really shitty vodka with some table salt. It changed my life. He was making greyhounds with Burnetts and some grapefruits he'd picked from a tree outside his house, then put some salt on top, shook it and it was completely smoothed out the vodka. I don't know if this is as surprising to others as it was to me.

2) One of my favorite things to cook is a homemade version of the chicken tequila fettucine recipe from California Pizza Kitchen. I have a special way of preparing it, but it's based on this recipe.

i'm doing it now i like it, the only down side is you get the fat to coagulate but as long as your not a wimp it won't be a problem others don't. but MEAT!