Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • beer/wine

6 21.43%
  • liquor but only if it's in a cocktail

1 3.57%
  • liquor even if it's straight

7 25.00%
  • I don't drink but i really like tea and look at these sour candies.

14 50.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

the only hangover i've ever had was because of tequila. never again.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I drink a lot of water, it doesn't give me a hangover
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    the only hangover i've ever had was because of tequila. never again.
    But margaritas are soooo good. However you're correct and it has to be 100% agave. Anything adulterated is viscous.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Vodka-Sprite. NEVER offer me a single glass of this unless you wanna see me giggling like a dumb schoolgirl, crying bucketfuls over lost friends and tripping everywhere all night. I can't hold it very well.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Mostly anything with hard liquor is more of a problem because I can't tell how much I've had.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    But margaritas are soooo good. However you're correct and it has to be 100% agave. Anything adulterated is viscous.
    That reminds me of the cruise we took to a few southern countries. Costa rica, Belize, etc. We did a salsa and salsa class. They taught us how to make salsa and dance salsa...but the best part was all you can drink margaritas
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Cloudpatrol, ~MS*ANGEL~ liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah but i find that not to be true in practice. i think it's a wivestale to sell more beer and wine which is stupid because i like the taste of those.
    I would ask you how fast you drink certain drinks? Beer has around 4-5% abv wine is 14-16% abv and liquor usually is 60 - 150 proof (30-75% abv)

1 drink = 1 hour to metabolize (doesn't account for all metabolic rates) is the standard based on 1 beer = 12 oz, 1 glass of wine = 5 oz and 1 liquor drink/shot = 2 oz

But if you drink a beer or wine at a FASTER rate than you sip on liquor, you may find that not to be true. Also, people probably overpouring and therefore misjudged how much of beer/wine they may actually be ingesting.

So that Bennigans pour of wine to the top of a glass is more like 4 glasses of wine. Just cause it fits in the glass...technically, you just had one glass of wine. Or that 24 oz beer is 1 beer but technically 2.

That's why I drink beer out of a big yardstick long boot. Das Boot. If I get a cop asking me how much I drank that night I will say, I only had one boot, sir. And this will confuse him and he will let me go. Brilliant!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I would ask you how fast you drink certain drinks? Beer has around 4-5% abv wine is 14-16% abv and liquor usually is 60 - 150 proof (30-75% abv)

1 drink = 1 hour to metabolize (doesn't account for all metabolic rates) is the standard based on 1 beer = 12 oz, 1 glass of wine = 5 oz and 1 liquor drink/shot = 2 oz

But if you drink a beer or wine at a FASTER rate than you sip on liquor, you may find that not to be true. Also, people probably overpouring and therefore misjudged how much of beer/wine they may actually be ingesting.

So that Bennigans pour of wine to the top of a glass is more like 4 glasses of wine. Just cause it fits in the glass...technically, you just had one glass of wine. Or that 24 oz beer is 1 beer but technically 2.

That's why I drink beer out of a big yardstick long boot. Das Boot. If I get a cop asking me how much I drank that night I will say, I only had one boot, sir. And this will confuse him and he will let me go. Brilliant!
    it usually takes me an hour and a half to finish a drink unless it's shot which i rarely do. and i usually put 2-4oz of liqour in my cocktails and i do stuff like whiskey sours,martinis, tom collins, mostly stuff that has citrus in it because i like sour the other night i had a delicious drink that was 3 oz vodka 2 oz each of lemon juice and grapefruit juice and 1.5oz simple syrup. it was delicious my mom thought it was too sour i loved it. then another drink i like is called a bacardi it 1stp grenadine 3oz white rum 1oz lime juice it tasted like drinking a lime.

but to be fair i'm also a slow drinker with non-alcoholic drinks as well.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it usually takes me an hour and a half to finish a drink unless it's shot which i rarely do. and i usually put 2-4oz of liqour in my cocktails and i do stuff like whiskey sours,martinis, tom collins, mostly stuff that has citrus in it because i like sour the other night i had a delicious drink that was 3 oz vodka 2 oz each of lemon juice and grapefruit juice and 1.5oz simple syrup. it was delicious my mom thought it was too sour i loved it. then another drink i like is called a bacardi it 1stp grenadine 3oz white rum 1oz lime juice it tasted like drinking a lime.

but to be fair i'm also a slow drinker with non-alcoholic drinks as well.
    Prpl mixology.

I love the sour drinks also so your first drink sounds lovely. Even with whiskey I will take a lemon peel twist and burn the oil with a lighter and put the peel in the whiskey.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Prpl mixology.

I love the sour drinks also so your first drink sounds lovely. Even with whiskey I will take a lemon peel twist and burn the oil with a lighter and put the peel in the whiskey.
    i plan on making this probably friday with dinner: Original Whiskey Sour Recipe | Real Men Drink Whiskey

yeah it started out as a salty dog but i had already measured out the vodka and only had 2 oz of grapefruit juice and i tasted it and it wasn't very good if i had the other 1oz of grapefruit juice it probably would've been good plus i think i put too much simple syrup in and i had to round it out with something and i chose lemon juice. and it was amazing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Wind Up Rex, MDP2525 liked this post