123 Last

Thread: Steak

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Steak

Just thought you should know.

Plus I just wanted to make your mouth water.

Also, feel free to share the method you like to cook your steak best, favorite cuts, seasonings, marinades, sauces, etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'll use a porterhouse for example but it depends very much on the cut of beef as to what I do to prep it.

I grill but more often I use a very well seasoned cast iron pan. The pan is always oiled when I put it away so I simply heat it on high until it is smoking. I add a little butter and let it brown a bit.

I lay the steak in the pan, making sure the surface is flat against the pan. I don't move it for 4 minutes. Then flip and do the same to the other side. Remove from the pan and let sit for a few minutes. Inhale.

That's it. Blue rare to rare.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'm a fan of ribeyes. Not the healthiest, but definitely the juiciest cut.

I like to grill it. First, rub it down with oil then create a steak seasoning crust. My favorite is actually a pretty cheap seasoning but I've only seen it in Texas. It's Bolners Fiesta Brand Texas steak seasoning. Maybe two or three bucks for a huge bottle. Awesome stuff.

I don't have a grill here in Florida, so I'm content to just broil it. Not nearly as good, but it'll do in a pinch. I'll often sear it quickly on my grill pan then throw that under the broiler.

I also like to tent the steaks and let them rest a bit while I finish making any side dishes. I will often create a compound butter, using Plugra butter and whatever herbs or spices I want. Soften the butter, mix in the herbs, then let the mixture melt over the steak.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    yupp

I love steak especially medium rare. though I'm no expert on cuts I usually get the smallest size at a resteraunt and I can't even eat all of that along with the bread and the soup and baked potato (loaded naturally). I just ate and I really want a steak now. curse you and your photo.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Definitely the meat has to be tender for me. Chewy steak is like that scene on the Matrix where you saw a titty shot, and then Reeve's Mr. Yuck Face qualifying ass right afterwards. I like anywhere between medium-rare to medium-well.

I like the meat to be marinated overnight, I use a variety of things but seeing as how I tend to cook steak and use leftovers for fajita meat I favor cilantro lime marinades.

I use a cheap brand of seasoning too called Uncle Kracker's somethingorother. I recognize the bottle lol. It tastes good on a variety of meats.

Light A-1 sauce usually covers up any bad cooking, but if it's made right I don't need any sauce at all.

Also, for those who have H.E.B. in their areas, that pre-marinated and seasoned fajita meat rocks. Both the chicken and steak kinds were awesome and easy to cook.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Medium, usually. NY strip is my favorite, cooked with some old bay + grill mates (montreal steak) on both sides. Sometimes I experiment with paprika, or cinnamon.

The best way to cook it, which I don't do often (since I rarely buy wine), is in an iron skillet with a little bit of wine (sweet wine even better), cooking the resulting wine+juices after the steak's been removed so that it forms a syrupy sauce. No A1 required there.
    Once when I was *really* bored (and feeling adventuresome) I tried grapefruit juice instead of wine, cooking it likewise to thicken the sauce. The resulting sauce was really mild but surprisingly delicious.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't eat meat very often, but when I do it should be well done.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Chicago Rare pls.

MBTI
    ISTP

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Steak is just awesome. Rare to medium rare depending on the cut. I've found that I like how it cooks in the broiler of a gas stove, or the toaster oven believe it or not. Just the meat. No sauce. Salt and pepper. Pepper maybe.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~