User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Steak

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Medium ftw. Steak is my favorite food. Followed shortly by other variants of beef. I'm a Texas boy.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Rare to medium, depending on how much I trust the restaurant to not be infested with e-coli. I probably won't ever try blue rare. I don't want my food talking back to me.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i like my steak well done. If there is any pink at all, i will not eat it. I'd rather it be burned than pink.
    I usually order sirloin i like it with sauteed mushrooms. yum yum.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

Cut in 1" cubes and marinate in a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Johnny's Dock meat seasoning.

Thread on skewers with mushrooms, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and onions. Grill to charred on outside, pink on inside. Over a bed of coals with some mesquite chips.

Serve on wild rice with a tossed salad.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I slightly prefer to tear my steak right off the cow and eat it in front of him, until the farmer chases me away.

A whole thread devoted entirely to steak. Hmm, you've outdone yourself!

My favorite is porterhouse, because it has the best of both worlds, a beefy strip and a tender filet. I like to rub it with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper, and then sear it on both sides and finish in the oven for a few minutes until it's medium. And then smother it in caramelized onions.

YUM.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

I think I know what I'm going to request for my birthday meal.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

bottom sirloin, soaked overnight in beer, garlic and salt and then cooked medium, with the outside charred

got used to the cut and the marinade in Brazil... one of the best places on earth for steak!
    Last edited by miss fortune; 10-02-2008 at 11:45 AM. Reason: idiocy on my part
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Rare to medium, depending on how much I trust the restaurant to not be infested with e-coli. I probably won't ever try blue rare. I don't want my food talking back to me.
    I get these thoughts too whenever I order steak, but somehow I don't get them when I order carpaccio, which I love. Strange.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

22 oz. New York Strip, medium rare with some nice spices. I moved to Cow Town, Alberta with this as one of my reasons.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]