User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Does having a nice fridge significantly improve one's quality of life?

I was thinking of getting a new refrigerator, the kind that has two doors at the top and both open to the fridge, and the freezer is at the bottom. My current fridge is small and the condiments don't all fit in the doors, so they're constantly in the way of the juice n' stuff.

Has anyone here ever bought a new fridge and felt like it changed their life or improved their eating habits?

can confirm

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch, Nørrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    I was thinking of getting a new refrigerator, the kind that has two doors at the top and both open to the fridge, and the freezer is at the bottom. My current fridge is small and the condiments don't all fit in the doors, so they're constantly in the way of the juice n' stuff.

Has anyone here ever bought a new fridge and felt like it changed their life or improved their eating habits?
    Yes. I have a French door fridge and I love it but if I had my way and the space (and the cash) I would just buy a commercial size refrigerator, two doors, no freezer.

Two things I would suggest when getting a new fridge. Invest in some of these...

Fridge Binz. Available anywhere they sell home goods or online. It will keep your fridge significantly cleaner and more organized so nothing gets lost. The second thing is to unbox everything possible. That also makes things more organized and less likely to get lost. They also make Freezer Binz and Pantry Binz, which are just as helpful.

Because the crispers are more efficient, produce keeps longer in the newer fridges so, you can eat healthier.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch, Poki liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    7 sx/sp

My parents just got a new fridge after like forever with the old one and I can say- its pretty cool. Its got hidden pockets like everywhere and is just so much more sleek and yeah- I approve and would encourage others to take the fridge 'jump'
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I have s very tiny, very out-dated refridgerator. The biggest problem for me is how low the bottom shelf is. I can't bend that far too clean it.

If I had the money I would upgrade without a second thought.

MBTI
    yupp

my mom has a nice fridge but then she has 2 more fridge and 1 more freezer, she entertains and makes chocolates so she needs the room only 2 are less than 30 years old. the first being the one the kitchen because we thought the old one was broken so they went out and bought a new fridge my dad fixed the old one and put it in a different room that is used mostly for drinks. and then a business fridge that is suppose to be for chocolates but is an over flow fridge for showers,parties, and holidays, then a freezer in the basement that my grandpa brought my mom full of food when she was pregnant with my brother.

i dunno if it improves quality of life just you can't run out of room with that many fridges and freezers. i have a normal fridge ie fridge on the bottom freezer on top no ice maker. it fits my needs

but i actually came here to tell you that i keep reading fridge as fudge and really wish i had some fudge so i'm blaming you.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

This is such a confusing thread. Why would having a nice fridge improve the quality of your life?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I had a really old fridge for much of my childhood. When I was a young adult the first thing I did with our money was buy a brand new fridge. Ours was really dying.. it was very old.

Suddenly milk lasted to the expiration date, food stayed fresh longer, we could fit more in there because the layout was nicer. I've always been partial to the double doors--one side freezer and one side fridge.

I'd say you don't need a super fancy spiffy brand new one.. but any of the couple year old scratch and dents are going to be awesome.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    STP

No, but having a fully functioning one does.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes magpie, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    This is such a confusing thread. Why would having a nice fridge improve the quality of your life?
    you can keep your eggs fresh longer so you can keep your best pre babies longer then when you find sperm of super genius space magician and still it you can have a kid that will be so rich that when you're close to death it can keep you alive for ever if you choose because not only is the kid rich s/he is the smartest person ever. duh, seriously how is that not obvious?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes magpie liked this post