• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

vodka

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my room mate is turning 21 at the end of october, and I got her this set of 12 shot glasses and a bottle type thing with a stopper to put liqour or water in. I found out her favorite liqour is vodka, the only problem is I'm not a big vodka fan so I don't know what's good and what isn't. I want to get her a bottle to go along with the first gift something mid range in price but is well worth the money.

mid-range:pretty much what I mean is not a hundred dollars a bottle.

Last edited:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Choosing vodka depends on if you're drinking it straight or mixing it or the type of grain its distilled from.

I usually drink my vodka mixed with something. Most of the stuff I drink uses Stoli, Skyye, or some other midshelf brand. I've had Grey Goose and Belvedere (which are topshelf) and couldn't really tell the difference. I also hear Ketel One is pretty good with mixed drinks. :)

Martini Muse - Review of Best Vodka Brands and Types - straight up or in a vodka martini!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yay a reply! yeah, i wish i actually liked vodka then I could get the sampler sizes of the different brands and try those to see which ones I liked, but all of them to me taste ugh (bad experience one night, well it was the first time I got drunk)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ciroc is good.
i'm not sure exactly how pricey it is though.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Vodka is nasty (OK with tonic tho). But I hardly like distilled spirits of any kind.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ciroc is about the same price as Grey Goose last I checked.

I've personally always been a Stoli drinker- the super refined stuff lacks character in my thoughts, but Stoli doesn't have the BAD character that some cheaper ones (i.e. dark eyes, mccormicks.... absolut :ninja:) have.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Grey Goose. All else is merely commentary.

Why should you listen to me? I'm a Jew.

Nuff said. . . /thread

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Are you really Jewish? After cowboys, Jews are my favourite people.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
A well-priced brand of vodka that I like is Three Olives. They have a lot of different flavors that taste great. If you mix the grape flavor with coke, it tastes exactly like grape soda. Very yummy, especially for people who don't really want to taste the alcohol in their alcohol.

Van Gogh is good too (double espresso=heaven), but I'm not sure how much that costs.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Tito's Handmade Vodka is a pretty good artisanal vodka from Texas. I don't know if it's available everywhere, though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ it should be in Chicago- I know that it's not horrible to find in Indiana :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah i was thinking if they had in philadelphia, chicago probably would have it. though I probably should ask if he had in philadelphia. PM did you have that vodka in philadelphia?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
yeah i was thinking if they had in philadelphia, chicago probably would have it. though I probably should ask if he had in philadelphia. PM did you have that vodka in philadelphia?

Yes, it is available at the state stores here.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes, it is available at the state stores here.

oh yeah that's right in PA you have to go to a beer store for beer and state store for liquor. or can you get both at one place? I don't know all I know is you can't buy alcohol in the grocery store. (I have family in western PA). I don't really know just that it's so easy to get lost where my cousins live cuz the roads are so random.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
oh yeah that's right in PA you have to go to a beer store for beer and state store for liquor. or can you get both at one place? I don't know all I know is you can't buy alcohol in the grocery store. (I have family in western PA). I don't really know just that it's so easy to get lost where my cousins live cuz the roads are so random.

No, it's still that way. The system is retarded. Cases and kegs from licensed beer distributors, sixpacks, twelvepacks, single bottles, 40s, etc. from places with restaurant licenses (pizza places, bars that serve food), and wine and hard liquor from the state-run stores. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is the world's largest purchaser of alcoholic beverages every year. I get to Delaware at least once a month for cheap Yuengling lager and good wine.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I agree, I'm so use to being to get alcohol at the regular store whenever. And always forget when I'm home you can't buy wine or liqour on sundays, or that you have to go to a liqour store I'm always like oh we can just get some rum at kroger's and my friends are like no we can't. That's why I like it here it's like hmmm I need a bottle of wine to go with this meal I'm buying the ingrediants for so I don't have to go to a different store just for a bottle of wine.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Maybe you should go for an imported brand from the Vodka Belt like Absolute Vodka. It's one of the finest and most sold brands in the world and it happens to be produced real close to where I live. It's also a great looking bottle that's fun to give away as a present and that you don't want to put away in a cupboard. It's probably not real cheap in the US though...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I agree. Something like Stoli, Absolut, or Skyy vodkas are nice simple mixing ones that won't break your bank. Cheap vodka is like rubbing alcohol :eek:uch: no McCormick (sp?) for me plz. Grey Goose was my favorite.. but I'll admit you can hardly tell the difference since I mix it either way you go. I don't drink much of anything straight.

Bonus: If she has a favorite mixer, you can buy a flavor to match it. Like Fruit flavors that go well in juices and jello.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Maybe you should go for an imported brand from the Vodka Belt like Absolute Vodka. It's probably not real cheap in the US though...

^_^;; it's not the cheapest we have, but it won't break your bank buying it. (Relatively speaking: liquor busts banks either way.)