• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone know anything about gin?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So for my friend's christmas present i plan on getting him a small bottle of high quality gin and some nice chocolates, but i don't really know much about gin. except that I like it but i couldn't tell you differences in brands so if anyone has reccomendations, i plan on getting him a pint.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So for my friend's christmas present i plan on getting him a small bottle of high quality gin and some nice chocolates, but i don't really know much about gin. except that I like it but i couldn't tell you differences in brands so if anyone has reccomendations, i plan on getting him a pint.

What are you looking to spend?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Beefeater is my go-to but I like New Amsterdam too for when you want less assertive juniper taste. Gin isn't expensive generally, you can get a good bottle for under $25 for a fifth. 750 mL or whatever it is now.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a lot but of the ones I've tried Hendricks is the best. I think it's a safe bet

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a lot but of the ones I've tried Hendricks is the best. I think it's a safe bet

If you like cucumber more than juniper. Personally, I do. I think it's a good safe bet. You could go with Nolet's for a different but good non-traditional gin. It's smooth with more rose notes.

Monkey 47 is good for particular tastes.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hendricks is pricey but it's very high quality and tasty. I've never had them, but I've heard good things about Plymouth and Aviation gins as well.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I echo votes for Tanqueray and Hendrick's for gift purposes.

I also love to make gin for friends. It's not hard. And, you can get results with a cheap vodka, so it's also not expensive but people think it is really cool and you can customize the 'essences' you add.

This is my fave recipe.

I find juniper berries expensive where I live so I get them from Amazon.

DIY Gin Recipe | Serious Eats

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got him leatherbee, i ended up getting the small bottle not the airplane size ones but the one that you still have to get behind the counter. turns out it was a gin he wanted to try and apparently hadn't because it's pricey.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I like Bombay Sapphire

08d0732d1f73fc985eaf7060da608bf2.jpg