• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs?

which wins boneless skinless breast vs boneless skinless thighs

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm bored obviously but which do you prefer to cook with? I like thighs and don't like the breast meat all that well that i will substitue the thighs where a recipe calls for breast. and yes a though is smaller and though i eat a pretty big variety i eat very little at a time.

so IYO which wins?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to use thighs because they're cheaper and they're easier to make juicy and flavorful. I don't eat much chicken anymore though.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It depends on what I'm making but I like both. If I'm going to marinate and grill, I like thighs. Stuffed, stir fried, fried (cutlets)..breasts.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I really can't say.

Chicken breasts are no question, much better on thier own but thighs are so much more versatile.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I really can't say.

Chicken breasts are no question, much better on thier own but thighs are so much more versatile.

i disagree but of course i don't really like white meat. that being said vote breasts because you like them better. its not that i would never eat breasts just i'd rather eat thighs because i find them more flavorful so that's why i cook with them. if someone gave me a chicken breast i'd eat it.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't like most meat on the bone so breasts win.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thighs.

I don't have the recipe but a friend of mind likes to bake the thighs, then take the drippings and mix them into couscous.

Breasts are better for "lighter" fare like salads, IMO. More chicken-y texture. Thighs are better for richer flavor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Thighs.

I don't have the recipe but a friend of mind likes to bake the thighs, then take the drippings and mix them into couscous.

Breasts are better for "lighter" fare like salads, IMO. More chicken-y texture. Thighs are better for richer flavor.

that sounds really good do you mine sharing the recipe? though i don't really like couscous well i like the large grain couscous but the smaller grain ones make me gag from the texture.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that sounds really good do you mine sharing the recipe? though i don't really like couscous well i like the large grain couscous but the smaller grain ones make me gag from the texture.

I don't have the recipe but It seemed like a fairly straightforward process. I think she boils the couscous separately, then pours the chicken runoff into the finished couscous--thighs produce a lot of fat runoff so how much you pour is dependant on how rich you want the couscous to taste. If you don't like that texture, you could probably substitute something else for the couscous.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't have the recipe but It seemed like a fairly straightforward process. I think she boils the couscous separately, then pours the chicken runoff into the finished couscous--thighs produce a lot of fat runoff so how much you pour is dependant on how rich you want the couscous to taste. If you don't like that texture, you could probably substitute something else for the couscous.

yeah that's what i was thinking. i'd probably do quinoa or rice maybe barley or bulgar wheat.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm bored obviously but which do you prefer to cook with? I like thighs and don't like the breast meat all that well that i will substitue the thighs where a recipe calls for breast. and yes a though is smaller and though i eat a pretty big variety i eat very little at a time.

so IYO which wins?
Depends on the recipe. When I use thighs, though, I use them with the bones, as it gives flavor to the food. I use them for Chicken Cacciatore; or cooked with wine, lemon, and tarragon; or roasted in the oven with onions and butternut squash. In short, anything that is going to stew, simmer, or roast. Breasts come out too dry. I save them for slicing into stir fry and pasta dishes, or for marinating and grilling, or for Chicken Kiev (the one exception to baking them).

My Dad used to use boneless chicken thighs with pasta because he said they were less dry and had more flavor (I agree). He would cut them up and saute with peppers, onions, etc.

Joyful Expressions

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
I prefer breast as thigh has a particular flavor (or brings out a flavor) I don't like

Although I am considering returning to veganism tbh

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Breasts, hands down. I love sinking my teeth into it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:no: @breast people you might not like chicken booty which means you'll never be seen as rapper in their eyes, dude it has nothing to do with actually being able to rap with chickens just only if you like their booties :doh: