• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sushi

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My current favorite is called a volcano roll. It's shredded crab, spicy mayo, rice, wrapped with seaweed, and topped with what I think is Sriracha hot sauce. It's amazing :drool:, but really I'll eat almost any sushi.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Damn i loved Sushi. I was in Japan for 3 years and i ate sushi every chance i get. My favorite was restaurant in Japan where they have the sushi on a plate going around a conveter belt. Each plate cost 105 yen, which is pretty cheap considering they have two pieces on each plate. Sushi's i like to eat usually consist of raw salmon (sashimi i think) and i just dip it in soy sauce/wasabi mix.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
blogpic481.jpg

Veggie California rolls, om nom nom...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My theory on the "don't eat raw fish at home" thing is that you can inoculate yourself over time if that's what you normally eat. When my mom cooked a roast she would store the leftovers in the oven, not the refrigerator. So I grew up regularly eating meat that had been left out. Someone whose parents were more careful about food safety than mine might have a problem with that, but I never have.

I've always been pretty squeamish about raw fish so I may have eaten it once, maybe twice in my life. I would not attempt to make sashimi at home. (I do make sushi at home pretty frequently, but not all sushi has raw fish in it.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Love sushi. We make it at home fairly often too. Nigiri, spicy tuna, California and Spider rolls and dragon rolls or anything like that. And temaki - which we always call quitters sushi.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Necromancers! The Both of ya!! :sage:

Whhyyyyyy now I want sushi so badly... @_@ Also, [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] :3 Asian Groceries have raw fish sushi-grade in frozen sections.. you defrost in the fridge and eat right away. It's very safe. There's a few in Greenville that have it.. but honestly, for the price, just go to a sushi bar. :shrug:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I fucking LOVE Sushi!

..well, salmon Sushi only. And I'm picky. I don't like the Americanized rolls where they pile all kinds of crap on. I love plain salmon sashimi/nigiri. There are a couple rolls that I like: Fresh Philly Roll ( salmon avocado and cream cheese. It sounds weird but the flavor is mild and the texture is divine.) I also like seared salmon roll/nigiri with Kyupi mayo.
Not many others I like but those ones I could eat everyday.

Damn i loved Sushi. I was in Japan for 3 years and i ate sushi every chance i get. My favorite was restaurant in Japan where they have the sushi on a plate going around a conveter belt. Each plate cost 105 yen, which is pretty cheap considering they have two pieces on each plate. Sushi's i like to eat usually consist of raw salmon (sashimi i think) and i just dip it in soy sauce/wasabi mix.

Kaiten, or rotating sushi, as it's called is very popular here. I'm not a big fan. They are very cheap and lack variety.