• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sushi

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
UNAGI!

unagi-thumb.jpg
:drool:

UNAGI FTW!<3

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Soft shell crab (Spider roll) :D

Sushi04.jpg

So many pictures of yummy dishes... Now I'm hungry... :mellow:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh I had some bad sushi a few weeks back and I've lost my taste for it since. Hopefully in a month or 2 I'll get the itch to try it and fall in love again.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Since the subject is cooking, and even if everybody here already know that:

NEVER TRY TO DO HOME-SUSHIS.

The flesh of fishes contains lots of dangerous parasites if eaten raw (even if it was frozen before), and sushi restaurants have to follow special procedures. For instance, the salmon they use is not the same salmon you can find in supermarkets.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey I just found this thread. I'm a HUGE Sushi lover - I have it for lunch pretty much every day, since the canteen in a nearby building started having daily deliveries. My favourite filling is raw salmon with avocado, but a nearby mall serves prawn/avo or prawn/salmon/avo combos that are simply divine. I know that's a westernised version, but I also like more traditional Nigiri.

After a decent sushi lunch, I find my brain starts to work more effectively (due to the fish, I guess) and the rice provides a slow relaease of energy that keeps me going until dinner time, which can be quite late in the evening foe me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rainbow rolls. Albacore tuna sashimi in ponzu sauce. The large, orange roe (can't remember the name). Spicy tuna or california roll if I'm broke - ha ha.

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
cucumber rolls and tuna are my absolute favourite. egg is also pretty good, although sometimes a bit too sweet. If it's the right amount of sweetness, it's very delicious.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i like all sushi, but california rolls are my classic standby. california rolls are delicious.
and wasabi, it is even better than the sushi...

does anyone else find sushi not that filling? i love it, but it takes so damn much to make a meal.

P

Phantonym

Sushi? You name it, I'll have it. No matter what, where and why, I'll have it.

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i like all sushi, but california rolls are my classic standby. california rolls are delicious.
and wasabi, it is even better than the sushi...

does anyone else find sushi not that filling? i love it, but it takes so damn much to make a meal.

On the contrary, I find it extremely filling. The fish and rice are very dense.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Mmmm sushi! I love it. And yes, it's extremely filling!

My 11 year old daughter said this a few weeks ago:
"I'm so happy I got the California roll - I love stuffing it in my mouth and trying to chew it!"

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love sushi! I'm not a fan of nigiri, usually, but I love the rest. My favorite sushi has eel and avocado :drool:

shimsham

MBTI Type
infj
This thread is making me really hungry...

Definitely have to go with sashimi so there's no rice to get in the way. Tuna, yellowtail, and salmon are my favorites. As for rolls, spicy scallops with mango and cucumber are the way to go!

I've been trying to eat sustainably lately, meaning avoiding bluefin tuna at all costs. If you haven't already heard of it, I'd highly recommend checking out the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch list. They have excellent recommendations for sustainable and healthy seafood, and there are printable versions to carry around when you're eating out:

Seafood Guide | Monterey Bay Aquarium

Sustainable Sushi is also really helpful.