User Tag List

12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Default Starting From Scratch

Who among you is like me, in that part of you wishes your home would be destroyed so you could get rid of the junk you keep around in case someday you might need it?

I wouldn't call the emotion I would experience joy, but there would be a certain relief.

MBTI
    intp

Well, I don't go quite that far, but one great short cut to feeling great is to round up a ton of old stuff I held on to far too long and toss em.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Well, I don't go quite that far, but one great short cut way to feeling great is to round up a ton of old stuff I held on to far too long and toss em.
    That's the rub, isn't it. I can't bring myself to do it. I mean, I may in fact use the stuff, I have gotten things out after ten years.

MBTI
    ISTJ

You ARE a Mr and not a Ms.....are you?

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Heh. I can't throw anything away either. What it comes down to is; I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Yeah, I wish it would all get stolen just to get rid of the clutter. w/e
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's the rub, isn't it. I can't bring myself to do it. I mean, I may in fact use the stuff, I have gotten things out after ten years.
    Exactly. As a matter of fact, I sometimes do use the stuff.

Yeah, I wish it would all get stolen just to get rid of the clutter. w/e
    I hate moving, but one of the upsides of having to move a lot is that you can't take it (all) with you.
    *shudders to think of all the rubbish she'd have if she'd lived in one place say 5 years*

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I hate moving, but it's one of the upsides of having to move a lot.
    Yeah. Some I know are that way, and their possessions are constantly trimmed. I rarely move, and with these people I can tell the envy is mutual, because I have a lot of crap they don't. The grass, as they say, is greener.

MBTI
    INXP

Who among you is like me, in that part of you wishes your home would be destroyed so you could get rid of the junk you keep around in case someday you might need it?

I wouldn't call the emotion I would experience joy, but there would be a certain relief.
    I had occasion to empty a house like that not so long ago.. it was a wrenching but also quite cathartic experience. I can recommend it. I ended up with a lot of stuff given to charity, and am not missing any of it yet....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Oddly enough this is exactly what I'm doing as an ongoing process at the moment. It was quite easy to summon the motivation to do it. I remember it well. It was around the time when I couldn't start anything new because I hadn't got any f'in room to put even one box down!! ESFJ mode engage... lots of things fly out of back door. Missus brings them back in declaring them "necessary"... repeat process until missus conceeds point.

Now I have like room and stuff. My house has a floor! Hell I could colour match my carpet from memory I've seen that much of it!!

It's quite simple.. new toy is new and shiny. Old toy is in the way.

Besides I've yet to seen a P hoarder who can actually find that oh so useful thing when they do find a use for it. That and they've only found a use for it because they've lost the proper part in all the junk!

Anyhow, after having spent a few days sitting in a clear room with stuff organised... there's nothing better to make yourself feel more sorted and confident. Well least in my meager experience.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Definitely!
    More than a few times this year I have said out loud that I would really love it if the house burned down.
    Other times I suggest that we get a huge dumpster in the driveway and get rid of 75% of the stuff in the house.
    I'm definitely with you on this one!

Truth is, there is very little I would miss if I never saw it again.