Thread: Types of Tea

MBTI
    Orly
    Enneagram
    mia
    Socionics
    LII None

Lightbulb Types of Tea

So, a friend at work gave me a packet of jasmine tea shredded leaves/ flakes and I have a mom that comes home with all sorts of fruits from working in the fruit market.

I've done a great some mixing with the list below:

condensed milk + milk
    condensed milk + green tea powder
    Orange juice
    Apple juice
    watermelon juice
    mango (regrettable)

I'm thinking grape may do some justice aswell. I want to taste more flavours. Anyone care to add in a few more ideas?? :3
    You can just about make enough excuses to get away with anything or nothing, as long as it's logical and illogical and that you actually do look good in a suit, confident, dominant and intelligent.

Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I add lime juice to my lipton. The lime isn't as overpowering as lemon
    Likes Keikoppi, Cloudpatrol liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Neiman Marcus Spiced Tea:

3 Cinnamon Sticks
    3 whole cloves
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    4 English breakfast tea bags, or Irish Breakfast or Orange Pekoe
    (preferably Damman Freres)
    1/4 cup Tang orange drink mix
    1/8 teaspoon almond extract
    1 orange or lemon, sliced

I made this but without the almond extract and the cloves. It's a nice, cold summer drink.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Neiman Marcus Spiced Tea:

3 Cinnamon Sticks
    3 whole cloves
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    4 English breakfast tea bags, or Irish Breakfast or Orange Pekoe
    (preferably Damman Freres)
    1/4 cup Tang orange drink mix
    1/8 teaspoon almond extract
    1 orange or lemon, sliced

I made this but without the almond extract and the cloves. It's a nice, cold summer drink.
    I can't find Tang anymore. I get orange Crystal Light or something similar. Isn't as good.

This tea mix looks good. i might try it. The nutmeg is put in a tea bag or just dumped in with everything else?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch
    I can't find Tang anymore.
    I got the Tang at Walmart but I've also seen it at Ralphs. Don't use the Crystal Light; I tried that once and it was gross.

Boil 6 1/2 cups water and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Then add the tea bags.

Remove from heat and let tea steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the liquid, add the Tang, let cool, and put in fridge. Serve with ice and the lemon slice.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I got the Tang at Walmart but I've also seen it at Ralphs. Don't use the Crystal Light; I tried that once and it was gross.

Boil 6 1/2 cups water and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Then add the tea bags.

Remove from heat and let tea steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the liquid, add the Tang, let cool, and put in fridge. Serve with ice and the lemon slice.
    That's pretty good. I'm drinking it warm. I used Market Pantry orange flavor enhancer. It tastes like orange Tic Tacs. I'm sure Tang would've been better. I'll try it if I ever make it back to Walmart again.
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Oh, I used one of those fillable tea bags for my spices and tied it shut with a trash bag tie. Thought I should share that in case it is helpful.

MBTI
    Orly
    Enneagram
    mia
    Socionics
    LII None

Ahh I'm from Down Under (specifically, Sydney). I'm not sure where to look for those ingredients. I have my local supermarkets, my Oriental markets, and my second-hand/ cheaper buys supermarkets. Where does Walmart belong in those category??
    You can just about make enough excuses to get away with anything or nothing, as long as it's logical and illogical and that you actually do look good in a suit, confident, dominant and intelligent.

MBTI
    Orly
    Enneagram
    mia
    Socionics
    LII None

I've just had mint + orange + lime mixed. With ice. :9 The weathers always hot here so it's refreshing.

Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Keikoppi
    I'm not sure where to look for those ingredients. I have my local supermarkets, my Oriental markets, and my second-hand/ cheaper buys supermarkets. Where does Walmart belong in those category??
    The most important ingredient is probably the cinnamon. The Tang just gives it an orangey type flavor and a beautiful color; you can probably use some orange juice for the Tang. Walmart is just a really large supermarket.

Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post