• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's Rocky Mountain Photos (old, but new, if you see what I mean)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Been clearing out the hard drive, and found some I never really developed before from the rockies a couple of years back.

Enjoy!

Waterton Lakes National Park

2745223176_3a29002453_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
2744403049_ec82838a0b_b.jpg

Comments etc welcome as always!

Yes.. these are older pictures.. so they may not be up to my normal technical standard, as I've learned over the years!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Thank you kindly. In the last one, a major rainstorm had just blown over, thus the black around the mountain top.

Usehername

On a mission
Geoff, these are gorgeous. I especially love the last photo.

They make me want to do a quick weekend trip and hike one or two again! Unfortunately things like "job" and "school" get in the way, but that would be sweet to summit some of those again!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff, these are gorgeous. I especially love the last photo.

They make me want to do a quick weekend trip and hike one or two again! Unfortunately things like "job" and "school" get in the way, but that would be sweet to summit some of those again!

Yeah... damn you real life for getting in the way of leisure activities! :steam:

Usehername

On a mission
Are they all from Waterton Lakes?

The 2nd one looks like the 3 Sisters outside of Canmore. (Sorta.)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Awesome. I could look at photos like that all day :nice:

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Catches breath* Very nice Geoff. I too enjoy photography. Which type of camera did you use, or shall I refer to your Flickr?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Are they all from Waterton Lakes?

The 2nd one looks like the 3 Sisters outside of Canmore. (Sorta.)

Pretty sure they are all of Red Rock River Canyon at Waterton. I know the three sisters.. although in Canmore I tend to get distracted by the Grizzly Paw when I should be out hiking ;)

*Catches breath* Very nice Geoff. I too enjoy photography. Which type of camera did you use, or shall I refer to your Flickr?

If I had $1 for every time I'd been asked.. I'd have.. oooh at least enough for a meal.

Canon EOS300D (also known as the digital rebel) Digital SLR (it's showing its age now), in these photos paired with the kit 18-55 lens, but nowadays most of my pictures are with the 17-40L glass and a circular polariser.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow!!!!!!!!!! Majestic!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :hug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Thanks people for showing me how much my picture of the world is actually distored in the last couple of years.

Everybody see wonderfull nature, mountains....

I see the remains of surface of the Red continent, types of rocks , traces of erosion, layers ......

I guess that is just professional deformation.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks people for showing me how much my picture of the world is actually distored in the last couple of years.

I see the remains of surface of the Red continent, types of rocks , traces of erosion, layers ......

Dude, I swear to high farts on a fridge, I WILL teach you how to use your emotions yet!!! :D :tongue10:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

What's so bad about that. Nothing, I think.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What's so bad about that. Nothing, I think.

Exactly. It is just that the small amount of communication that I have with other people is with other geology students.
It is just that I haven't heard this way of thinking/feeling for a long time.

Dude, I swear to high farts on a fridge, I WILL teach you how to use your emotions yet!!! :D :tongue10:

Sorry, but for me this is like spoting typos in text on english.

If you think you are up to the task I will be here.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great photos. I like them all, but I think the 2nd one might be my favorite. Something about those wide landscape shots, and I'm such a softie for the mountains anyway.