• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

McDonalds

old school mcdonalds vs new school

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So old school mcdonalds vs new school mcdonalds

like before they went to all white meat, do you miss the old grade f slimey mcnuggets, or do you prefer the newer food after people started caring up the health and dying from a heart attack more?

mcdlt.jpg

57066317.mcdlt.jpg

nuggets.jpg

images

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure about the chicken meat. For me, McDonald's begins and ends with the best french fries ever and that disgustingly delicious cheese-like substance they put on cheeseburgers.

<3 disgustingly delicious cheese-like substance.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not sure about the chicken meat. For me, McDonald's begins and ends with the best french fries ever and that disgustingly delicious cheese-like substance they put on cheeseburgers.

<3 disgustingly delicious cheese-like substance.

ok ignoring I'm talking about nuggets, do you prefer old school or new school mcdonalds?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure that I've seen a change. I don't eat salads or anything "healthy" at McDonald's, because there are better places for that. For me, McDonald's is that 2am-I've-been-drinking-and-goddamn-I-want-greasy-fast-food place. I have not noticed a difference in the food, although I know they forsook beef tallow in favor of vegetable oil for frying several years ago.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Old school Mickey D's Styrofoam containers, no warnings on the coffee cup, shakes made out of God knows what, that awesome orange drink that fell to Earth from alien ships, color coded containers for the Quarter pounder, Big Mac, cheeseburger, etc, that sausage with the weird unexplained designs in the meat, OH and the old FRIED apple pies yummmmmm. Awesomelicious. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Around 1990 they went from animal fat to trans fat in their fries, and I think they were healthier before. It took about twelve years to notice that trans fat is about the worst thing you can put in your body. When I go to McDonald's I usually just get three hamburgers. The starchy bastards do it for me just fine. "A simple food for a simple taste."

You know that beak was a photoshop hoax, right? Probably not.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it neither mcdonalds sucks *rub belly* or neither, mcdonalds sucks! *barf*?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I loved the old school McD's. Many years ago as a struggling student I worked there. Back then (don't know if it's the same now!) you were granted points to spend on food. So on a break.. if I didn't bother with fries, and was working a long shift, I could have 20 old school nuggets with a chocolate fat-shake.

Happy days.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so here's the problem. People always want to eat their cake and HAVE it, too. We can see this problem all over the place: America is ripe with diet fads.

One year, it's all: "CARBS ARE THE DEVIL: Let's just eat meat!!!!"

The next it's: "MEAT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! Let's use this special kind of oil!!!"

Then it's: "SHIT! This oil is filled with trans fats - that's bad. Animal fat is good, but only in moderation. Eat more carbs!!!"

After that, it was, "Carbs AND fat is bad, so we're going to put a lot of artificial shit in your food so that you have no carbs, no fat, no sugar, no salt, but it tastes just as good! Oh well, hell you might get a heart attack earlier, and you might get cancer when you're thirty, but the important thing is that you have no fat and no carbs!!! Ohhh, and NO SUGAR ADDED!!!! Just a bunch of chemical shit!"

Then it was, "Ohhhh this chemical shit makes some people pass out or shit in their pants or maybe even get weird seizure attacks, so we'll reprocess sugar so that the bad sugar part is gone but the good sugar part is left, and then you'll have the taste of sugar without the sugar, but it's still natural and healthy."

After that, "Ohhh don't eat certain vegetables - they're sprayed with shit, so just eat organic foods."

Then it was, "Organic foods are just as bad because the wind blows the sprays to the other crops."

So here's my solution: Don't eat meat. Don't eat carbs. Don't eat fruits and vegetables. Don't eat milk or milk products. Don't eat fat - any kind of fat - no animal fat, no trans fat, no veggie fat. Don't drink tea or coffee because it has caffeine. Don't eat sweets or sugar. Don't even drink water because who the hell knows where it came from. In short, don't freaking eat or drink ANYTHING. Then you can DIE!

:rolleyes::rolli: Lord 'a' mercy in heaven above, folks, the REAL solution is simple.

Eat a LITTLE bit (and I mean a LITTLE bit) of everything.

- Eat a little meat and more fish
- Eat some carbs (good bread, not cheap shit)
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies (even if they are sprayed with shit, because chances are you're breathing in this stuff anyway, unless you're in an underground bunker with an air filtration system)
- Eat some milk products
- Yes, eat some sweets like a little piece once every two days, just to keep ya happy.
- Eat out like, once a month or so, just to try new things. McD if you have no culture or have gotten drunk outta your mind; better: a restaurant with lots of choices, where you can actually enjoy your food with a nice glass of red wine.
- Drink some milk
- Drink lots of water (even if it does have shit in it, because chances are your cell phone or the air pollution is causing you more damage)
- Drink a little red wine, a little beer, lots of herbal tea, and 1-2 cups of coffee;
- And every once in a while when your throat closes up and you can't swallow, Schnapps does wonders.

If you do all that and exercise 3-4 times a week, you'll be FINE!!! The weight you should be. And for all those who want a quick solution by putting foreign substances into their body and trying to eat 'healthy' McDonalds - you're outta luck. Because there are no half-ass answers when it comes to health and diet. So there. :D

Uh, this might be transplanted in my Rant and Rave Section, because I just realized I'm kinda ranting a bit. :-/

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Fad diets don't work, that's for sure. Only thing that works is eating most things in moderation, avoiding a lot of red meat and fat, and taking a fair amount of exercise.

When I do that, my weight returns to ideal. When I don't it gets bigger. Simple equation, really.

Doesn't mean I didnt enjoy the old fashioned McD's when the time was right :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I could've said all that as well, LL, because it's true. But Jesus, I'm trying to prolong the life of my keyboard. ;)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't like new or old McDonald's. Almost every time I eat there, I get sick to my stomach, and I'm the kind of person that can eat just about anything and feel fine afterward.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Both are fine. I just wish I didn't have to pay extra to get a full slice of fake cheese on my Fillet-o-Fish now. :sad: