User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Why are Canadians such bad tippers?

  1. #11
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,736

    Default

    20% you cheapskate Canucks!

    And the Cup resides where it belongs! In Detroit! Of the USA!

  2. #12
    Resident Snot-Nose Array GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Please, don't even get me started on Detroit It's such a joke that they call themselves Hockey Town. I'm not going to get into details, but to make a long story short, Montreal is and always will be the world capital of hockey!

  3. #13
    Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    20% you cheapskate Canucks!

    And the Cup resides where it belongs! In Detroit! Of the USA!


    Let's go RED WINGS! Who cares if we get mugged twenty times while going to our cars!

  4. #14
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Please, don't even get me started on Detroit It's such a joke that they call themselves Hockey Town. I'm not going to get into details, but to make a long story short, Montreal is and always will be the world capital of hockey!
    Les Canadiens de Montréal?

    Ancient history! Lord Stanley's Cup is America, where it belongs! And when the waiter fills it with champagne, he gets 20%!

  5. #15
    Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Les Canadiens de Montréal?

    Ancient history! Lord Stanley's Cup is America, where it belongs! And when the waiter fills it with champagne, he gets 20%!
    And not 20% in the form of stinkin' Canadian pennies.

  6. #16
    Resident Snot-Nose Array GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Les Canadiens de Montréal?

    Ancient history! Lord Stanley's Cup is America, where it belongs! And when the waiter fills it with champagne, he gets 20%!
    I know your joking, but I can say without even looking at the roster that most of Detroit's best player's are from Canada and probably wish they could play for a Canadian team, too. Just like every other team in the NHL. I'm sure if you offered all the player son the U.S. teams who are Canadian to win the Stanley Cup for a Canadian team they would quickly take it. But Detroit isn't a bad set up, it's close enough to the border.

    But it's irrelevant because every team is mostly Canadians and most of the best players of all time are Canadian. So the olympics are a better way to measure, and guess who has the most golds. Canada and Russia are tied, actually. And that one gold the US has, Team Canada didn't even compete that year. Canada boycotted the Olympics for like tne years because the Russian team was professional, when it's suppose to be amateur (or it was at the time). The guys on the Red Army Team were really only drafted in the army to play hockey for the team, and apparently they weren't even trained or sent to bootcamp, but I don't know much about it, but that was the rational for the boycott. But either way the Russians have a great hockey program as well.

    Long story short, it would be a better use of resources to brag about football

  7. #17
    Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I know your joking, but I can say without even looking at the roster that most of Detroit's best player's are from Canada and probably wish they could play for a Canadian team, too. Just like every other team in the NHL. I'm sure if you offered all the player son the U.S. teams who are Canadian to win the Stanley Cup for a Canadian team they would quickly take it. But Detroit isn't a bad set up, it's close enough to the border.

    But it's irrelevant because every team is mostly Canadians and most of the best players of all time are Canadian. So the olympics are a better way to measure, and guess who has the most golds. Canada and Russia are tied, actually. And that one gold the US has, Team Canada didn't even compete that year. Canada boycotted the Olympics for like tne years because the Russian team was professional, when it's suppose to be amateur (or it was at the time). The guys on the Red Army Team were really only drafted in the army to play hockey for the team, and apparently they weren't even trained or sent to bootcamp, but I don't know much about it, but that was the rational for the boycott. But either way the Russians have a great hockey program as well.

    Long story short, it would be a better use of resources to brag about football
    I will concede this point. Most of the exceptional players are, in fact, Canadian. But, that's all part of the master plan - to set up "outposts" in the US, in the form of hockey teams, and then populate them with their superior humans, or "clones", who then rub their spores all over the American women, and thus they spread their agenda!

  8. #18
    Order Now! Array pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I know your joking, but I can say without even looking at the roster that most of Detroit's best player's are from Canada and probably wish they could play for a Canadian team, too. Just like every other team in the NHL. I'm sure if you offered all the player son the U.S. teams who are Canadian to win the Stanley Cup for a Canadian team they would quickly take it. But Detroit isn't a bad set up, it's close enough to the border.
    I know that these assertions are false. Many Canadian players are happy to stay on American teams their entire career. Yzerman, Sakic from 1995 on, Mike Richards (signed in Philly through like 2075). NHL players are pretty loyal to their teams if they have been there for years. They only get nationalistic come Olympics time. Besides, how can you offer players a chance to win the Stanley Cup in Canada? Has a Canadian team even won the Cup in your lifetime?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #19
    Order Now! Array pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I doubt your premise.
    It's a shopworn stereotype, but it seems to have a basis in reality. I've come across Canadians while working in service industries, and it has been true in those instances. It's joked about occasionally on the hockey boards I frequent.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Please, don't even get me started on Detroit It's such a joke that they call themselves Hockey Town. I'm not going to get into details, but to make a long story short, Montreal is and always will be the world capital of hockey!
    Nowhere that French is spoken can be the world capital of hockey!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A question for Canadians
    By Haphazard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
  2. Those Crazy Canadians...
    By anii in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •