• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vegans of typoc unite!! we have nothing to lose but our groceries!!

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
As a newly minted vegan,
I have abstained from chowing upon the carcasses of other living *sentient beings
for the past oh, two weeks and counting.
I don't know a SINGLE vegan in my vicinity
so I am feeling kind of lonely in my dietary choices these days.

I'd like to know if you're also a vegan,
AND IF SO,
what your reasons for going vegan were/ are.
Does it have much to do with personality, I'm wondering!
So here's the questions:

1. Are you vegan?
2. Why?
3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats.
4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan?
5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan?

Ready set go!

Last edited:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
As a newly minted vegan,
I have abstained from chowing upon the carcasses of other living beings

You don't count plants as living beings? Last time I checked plants/vegetation is alive.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you would eat a retarded cow?

Nah. I lost my appetite for the taste of beef awhile ago.
There's something icky about eating dead bodies, gives me a headache.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah. I lost my appetite for the taste of beef awhile ago.
There's something icky about eating dead bodies, gives me a headache.

This why you cook your meat. :hi:

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
This why you cook your meat. :hi:

Good point, actually!
Back when I used to love steak, tartar steak/raw was my favourite kind, I mostly ate meat for the bloodiness.
I loved the top-dog feeling it gave me. Like I was lord of the food chain...
I went paleo/raw before I phased into vegan, so maybe that's a big part of why I stopped being able to stomach it anymore.
Now I'm doing my time as a meek little herbivore... my sins will be atoned
:randy::matador:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Are you vegan? no

2. Why? too much effort/too many rules

3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats. baked sweet potatoes with black beans, okra, spinach, and garlic and hot sauce; pasta with marinara sauce and creamy cashew sauce mixed, thai coconut curry noodles with vegetables.

4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan? cheese.

5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan? rich, nourishing meals that make you feel energized without feeling lethargic. also knowing you're not supporting the corporate farming machine and the resulting abuse of animals.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good point, actually!
Back when I used to love steak, tartar steak/raw was my favourite kind, I mostly ate meat for the bloodiness.
I loved the top-dog feeling it gave me. Like I was lord of the food chain...
I went paleo/raw before I phased into vegan, so maybe that's a big part of why I stopped being able to stomach it anymore.
Now I'm doing my time as a meek little herbivore... my sins will be atoned
:randy::matador:

Eating extremely rare meat is bad for the body since your body has to work harder to break up the enzymes. For this reason I usually cook my meat medium-well (it also depends on the meat product). If you cut meat out of your diet for a long time then your body gradually loses its capability of breaking down meat which will make a person very sick.

I played around with the vegan diet a bit (just out of California curiosity) and I never felt so sick in my entire life. IMO prisoners on death row have better daily nutrition. :shrug:

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Are you vegan? no

2. Why? too much effort/too many rules

3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats. baked sweet potatoes with black beans, okra, spinach, and garlic and hot sauce; pasta with marinara sauce and creamy cashew sauce mixed, thai coconut curry noodles with vegetables.

4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan? cheese.

5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan? rich, nourishing meals that make you feel energized without feeling lethargic. also knowing you're not supporting the corporate farming machine and the resulting abuse of animals.

YES to three four and five.
OMG, Thai coconut curry noodles sounds kind of amazing right now.
And with four... Completely agree!
I tried to make nut cheese with some cashews today and almost cried of frustration. Two weeks without cheese is like purgatory already!

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eating extremely rare meat is bad for the body since your body has to work harder to break up the enzymes. For this reason I usually cook my meat medium-well (it also depends on the meat product). If you cut meat out of your diet for a long time then your body gradually loses its capability of breaking down meat which will make a person very sick.

I played around with the vegan diet a bit (just out of California curiosity) and I never felt so sick in my entire life. IMO prisoners on death row have better daily nutrition. :shrug:

Yeah, I used to make sure my pork and chicken was cooked, but beef I usually loved rare.
Back in France I used to eat it as steak tartare, with raw eggs and pepper.
In Korea I would eat it with sliced pears, ginger, soy, yams and stuff.

I think going vegan requires a lot of structured planning in terms of nutrition.
It can make you or break you depending on how much you put into it health-wise, I think.

As for me, going vegan has been like a miracle waiting to happen for my health.
I actually suffered from eczema and psoriasis for five+ years before going vegan last month,
and in the past two weeks, my skin has just been clearing up like nothing ever happened.
I'm really excited about what this can potentially do for my health.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't know any Vegans here, but I could be mistaken.

1. Are you vegan?

Nope. Never will be. Nor vegetarian.

2. Why?

Because I like what I eat, and I have zero moral qualms associated with it. I also tend to take issue with the majority of vegans motivations or doing so (as most are faulty), which makes the idea of doing it even more unpallatable. Or worse... them being morally condemning to you for not being vegan or vegatarian. Doing so to me is a 1 way ticket to getting a beating, the fact that all of their arguments are utter bullshit notwithstanding :D.

I've had some vegan dishes that are AMAZING, the only one I can recall at the moment that I love that I order at a resturant if they have it is a spicy peanut soup. It's so good.

While I'm not one, I think the most difficult part for vegan's is finding a good reason to be. I've known several over the years, and the ones who stuck with it are ones that found a solid motivation to so, and it was usually multiple motivations, and health was a big one (though those health reasons were unfounded, but that's a different matter).

For most from what I have observed, the find the reward in feeling healthy or like they are doing the world some sort of benefit. There tends to be a moral satisfaction to go with it.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. Are you vegan? Not anymore .
2. Why? At the time I didn't have a kitchen and meat was expensive.
3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats. Avocado on everything. Kale everything. Oatmeal 100 different ways .
4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan? Consuming enough calories for my activity level.
5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan? Fascinatingly clean poops.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] is vegan, and a few others..?
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] spicy peanut soup SOUNDS AMAZING. MUST TRY. YUM.
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] Yes to avocados and number 5 is true true true :D

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
In a perfect world, steaks wouldn't taste like how sex feels and I would be vegan

Maybe next go 'round

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Are you vegan?

I used to be. I eat eggs and yogurt now. No milk, cheese, or meat still.

2. Why?

Because it helps my stomach. I'm also sorry for the animals.

Black beans and rice with sweet potato, hummus and veggies, vegan pancakes.

Getting enough nutrition.

My stomach feels better and I get to feel good about not contributing to slaughterhouses.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What about all the insects/arachnids we unknowingly eat?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
In a perfect world, steaks wouldn't taste like how sex feels and I would be vegan

Maybe next go 'round

If steaks tasted how sex feels then I would die from beef poisoning. Alas no

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
1. Are you vegan?
LOL no. 70% of my diet is probably meat. I've gone through vegetarian and very brief vegan stints but I haven't tried that in a while and don't really see myself ever doing it again. I have waaaay too many stomach issues and my current diet (lots of meat and veggies) seems to be working so I don't want to fuck with it. However I do like the idea of a cleaner diet but it's not feasible for me personally.

2. Why?
Because I tried everything to fix my stomach, and came to the conclusion that meat wasn't the issue.

Falafel, tabbouleh, vegan chili, stuffed mushroom caps, rice and beans, etc.

I would imagine nutrition would be a major issue, and I eat so much meat just to not feel hungry that I don't think I could adjust it without difficulty.

I would think the whole animal thing, and being able to hold a baby chicken and know you 100% weren't responsible for the death of its entire family. I would imagine you'd feel better as well overall since your diet is mostly fruits and veggies.

Last edited: