Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Spring Cleaning Thread

With University starting in less than a month, it was about time I got my room in order. It was formally the den where Se/Te goes to die, was just typical INTP heaps of computer parts and wires everywhere, using the floor for storage.

I spent the last two days on a cleaning spree, de-cluttering and resisting the Si hoarder instinct, cleared two huge bin bags of junk, ordered literally hundreds of computer cables (i used to just have them strewn in my closet) into categorized boxes, set up a new desk for my gaming PC, freeing my old desk for actual work.

https://vid.me/pCTg
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

One thing I look forward to every spring is blasting the film of winter off everything with the pressure washer.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, now how long can you keep it clean?

I do a Great Purge about once every other month, leaving with trash bags of, just, stuff. Stuff I have no need for and don't remember how it got there. It's unreal.

The worst is the stuff you don't want to get rid of that you have memories associated with but you never actually use. In the past I would keep it in a box or in a corner somewhere, but lately I have been steadily removing everything I don't use in my day to day life. It has gotten easier to get rid of old junk just sitting around. Now I ask myself "do I really need a dresser for my clothes..." and find the answer to be "no". Only reason its not gone is the thing is, like, heavy. And I'd heave to break it apart. One day.

I'm telling you, that organized box of cables? Going to be an unorganized mess before your first exam. You already have your computer set up, you clearly don't need the rest, get rid of them! The only true way to be free of a mess in your room is to have nothing to make a mess with.
    smaller than color
    Likes ceecee, CitizenErased liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yesss I'm so glad this thread exists!

If I end up actually being able to move on April 1 (depending on what rooms are available and various other factors), I am DEFINITELY going to do some spring cleaning, to get rid of unnecessary crap before the move. And I may or may not document this here, to help motivate myself and hold myself accountable.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like it! !

I did go through and do a deep clean of "this is sort of where I want the house to be" thing, and now I'm working on getting my digital life more in order, doing a little bit each day and making my paperwork and everything more easily accessible and safer. I have some projects in mind, so I guess my spring cleaning will be to better organize the house and make those projects a reality! We're starting with the guest bedroom here at the cabin!

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    One thing I look forward to every spring is blasting the film of winter off everything with the pressure washer.
    I didn't understand this until this year when I've been living with actual snow stuff... there's a layer of nasty and cold on all the things.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yesss I'm so glad this thread exists!

If I end up actually being able to move on April 1 (depending on what rooms are available and various other factors), I am DEFINITELY going to do some spring cleaning, to get rid of unnecessary crap before the move. And I may or may not document this here, to help motivate myself and hold myself accountable.
    ^_^b!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by XV25 View Post
    Yeah, now how long can you keep it clean?

I do a Great Purge about once every other month, leaving with trash bags of, just, stuff. Stuff I have no need for and don't remember how it got there. It's unreal.

The worst is the stuff you don't want to get rid of that you have memories associated with but you never actually use. In the past I would keep it in a box or in a corner somewhere, but lately I have been steadily removing everything I don't use in my day to day life. It has gotten easier to get rid of old junk just sitting around. Now I ask myself "do I really need a dresser for my clothes..." and find the answer to be "no". Only reason its not gone is the thing is, like, heavy. And I'd heave to break it apart. One day.

I'm telling you, that organized box of cables? Going to be an unorganized mess before your first exam. You already have your computer set up, you clearly don't need the rest, get rid of them! The only true way to be free of a mess in your room is to have nothing to make a mess with.
    Exactly. I can't keep my apartment perfectly organized for more than 2... hours. So I also do Great Purges every two weeks or a month, depending on the mood.

Me: -Oh, I just finished cleaning and organizing everything! This time I'll make it last.
    Me: - (10 minutes later) Oh, now that I organized everything I don't know where I put my things! Was it here? *empties a drawer* No. Oh, maybe there *empties a box* No. Oh, I left it on the table, duh.
    Me: - (does that with another dozen things)
    Me: - (looks around and sees the disaster)
    Me: - Just perfect! Now I have everything at plain sight <3
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud

Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

(10 minutes later) Oh, now that I organized everything I don't know where I put my things! Was it here? *empties a drawer* No. Oh, maybe there *empties a box* No. Oh, I left it on the table, duh
    That's INTP Si in a nutshell lol (and we don't have Se to fall back on :P)
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni

I find this thread highly traumatizing.
    Likes five sounds, Kas, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I didn't understand this until this year when I've been living with actual snow stuff... there's a layer of nasty and cold on all the things.
    It's one of the most satisfying cleaning activities one can engage in. I mean, I'm up for pressure washing anytime of the year but saying fuck off to winter by blasting it with 3000 psi, that's saying it like you mean it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Cleaned out my junk mail, and going through and unsubscribing from things that were cluttering it up. Steadily getting through saving documents or labeling and archiving emails in my primary inbox now.

The house has been whipped into shape, and I've been on top of the little chores to keep it in shape so that the spring projects are the main focus. I already cleaned out the food stuffs so that all the food in the house is legit and organized. and I threw away some of the expired stuff and donated other things that I knew we wouldn't eat.

On the chopping block for warmer weather:
    - Build the fire pit so it's a lot bigger and prettier
    - Clean out and re-plant the gardens
    - Build the indoor plant gardens
    - Build some set-it-and-forget-it plants for decor outside
    - Spring clean out clothes and shoes

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's one of the most satisfying cleaning activities one can engage in. I mean, I'm up for pressure washing anytime of the year but saying fuck off to winter by blasting it with 3000 psi, that's saying it like you mean it.
    That is a quote worthy of spring cleaning!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge