User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Homecooked veggie-based food ideas

I like it when meat has a flavor impact but does not star the show always. I like having a mostly veggie base, and I want hot foods (not salads so much) because it's winter. Basically, I have a goal to have vegetables be a key role in every single meal I eat. I'm looking for inspiration.

I have soups down pact. But let me give some examples of what I'm looking for inspiration wise:

- I cooked sloppy joes that were mostly chopped veggies as the base and the sauce also being made of veggies and herbs, with 1 lb of ground beef making 8 servings.
    - Tacos with veggie toppings
    - Black bean burgers with some cooked and cooled meat in the mix
    - I have in the works in my head a veggie-based lasagna
    - Vegetable spaghetti with half real noodles, half veggie noodles and a veggie-based sauce.
    - Oatmeal with sweet potato, soaked dates, and pumpkin

Anyone have any vegetable dishes that don't have to be vegetarian, but have a good flavor and are easily adaptable like the things listed above?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Homemade curry is the best thing ever. Just fry all kinds of vegetables (I recommend zucchini, broccoli, carrots and pepper), pour full fat coconut milk over it, spice it with curry, curcuma and vegetable broth, and put in whatever else you want in there (like cashews). My favorite dish probably.
    Likes kyuuei, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

what about doing a stir fry with fried or baked tofu, how we do it is go to an asian market get whatever vegetables look good get some of those thin rice noodles i'll have to ask what my mom uses for the sauce. I know its hot pepper sauce like sriacha (she uses this stuff from hungary that is not over here and the closest thing to it here is sriacha), ginger, a stir fry sauce, and garlic. we usually do chicken or beef or shrimp as protein but you could either do all vegetables or tofu

I actually saw a black bean burger recipe in my alaska cook book that i want to try everything i've had has been excellent i'll ask my mom to send the recipe. its actually just black bean patties that are spicy but i don't see why they couldn't be eaten as burgers
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I had an appetizer at a restaurant a few days ago that I Want to reproduce at home.

It was wind mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil with garlic, salt, pepper, with goat cheese on a toasted baguette. It was really delicious and simple.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

for 10oz of vegetables
    got stir fry recipe from my mom
    fry ginger &garlic in oil
    fry tofu remove,
    stir fry vegetables ,
    add protein to warm back up
    1/4 csoy sauce, 1/2 c vegetable broth mix with a little bit of corn starch(about 1 tbs per cup of liquid of all the sauce ),and hot or sweet chili pepper sauce (to taste)

serve over rice or noodles if desired
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

These all sound awesome! Love it!

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I like it when meat has a flavor impact but does not star the show always. I like having a mostly veggie base, and I want hot foods (not salads so much) because it's winter. Basically, I have a goal to have vegetables be a key role in every single meal I eat. I'm looking for inspiration.

I have soups down pact. But let me give some examples of what I'm looking for inspiration wise:

- I cooked sloppy joes that were mostly chopped veggies as the base and the sauce also being made of veggies and herbs, with 1 lb of ground beef making 8 servings.
    - Tacos with veggie toppings
    - Black bean burgers with some cooked and cooled meat in the mix
    - I have in the works in my head a veggie-based lasagna
    - Vegetable spaghetti with half real noodles, half veggie noodles and a veggie-based sauce.
    - Oatmeal with sweet potato, soaked dates, and pumpkin

Anyone have any vegetable dishes that don't have to be vegetarian, but have a good flavor and are easily adaptable like the things listed above?
    We have this often - it is so good. You don't miss the meat and in summer when I have tomatoes, I use two medium ones, chopped.

Slutty Low-Carb Pasta - The Londoner
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes kyuuei, jcloudz liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    We have this often - it is so good. You don't miss the meat and in summer when I have tomatoes, I use two medium ones, chopped.

Slutty Low-Carb Pasta - The Londoner
    Love it! I have a spiralizer too !

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

To be honest I find just cooking an assortment of chopped veggies in a bit of olive oil, with garlic and basil, is delicious, esp served over pasta with some parmesan. I personally add some ham when I do this, and sometimes sundried tomatoes, but I'm sure it would be fine without. I find the small zucchini and yellow squash is really good doing this, and adding a lot of spinich is a must for me!

I've also played around a lot with red lentils, just cooking them for a while. I'll often add some carrots and onion, and spinich at the very end, served over rice. I love putting a lot of ground coriander, some turmeric, some cayenne, some whole cumin seeds, and salt, in it, but I don't have precise measurements so it's really a matter of taste and what spice combos you think you'd like. So this prob isn't a good example but thought I'd share the lentil option.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    To be honest I find just cooking an assortment of chopped veggies in a bit of olive oil, with garlic and basil, is delicious, esp served over pasta with some parmesan. I personally add some ham when I do this, and sometimes sundried tomatoes, but I'm sure it would be fine without. I find the small zucchini and yellow squash is really good doing this, and adding a lot of spinich is a must for me!

I've also played around a lot with red lentils, just cooking them for a while. I'll often add some carrots and onion, and spinich at the very end, served over rice. I love putting a lot of ground coriander, some turmeric, some cayenne, some whole cumin seeds, and salt, in it, but I don't have precise measurements so it's really a matter of taste and what spice combos you think you'd like. So this prob isn't a good example but thought I'd share the lentil option.
    I love lentils. But they hate me, anything more than a spoonful.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.