User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many cups per day do you drink?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coffee 1-2

13 14.77%
  • Coffee 3-4

8 9.09%
  • Coffee 4+

11 12.50%
  • Tea 1-2

11 12.50%
  • Tea 3-4

5 5.68%
  • Tea 4+

7 7.95%
  • I drink both 2-4

12 13.64%
  • I drink both 4+

1 1.14%
  • Neither

20 22.73%
First 12345 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Less than one per day. I don't ever drink coffee, unless you count Dairy Queen "Moo-lattes" I drink iced tea probably an average of once every 2 weeks or so.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

No option for none?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

At least a quart.

MBTI
    INFJ

Two coffees in the morning. One tea at night. Occasionally an iced tea in between.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ISTP

There should be an option for none. I pretty much never drink them, mostly because my body seems to not process caffeine or something, as it does not keep me awake/wake me up in the least. To prove this, I once drank 3 Red Bulls (I don't drink those either normally), and was able to fall asleep 45 minutes later, normally.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Another none. Caffeine doesn't work for me either... If I want to stay up, I've got to bulk up on the fast sugars. Caffeine just makes me really thirsty.

MBTI
    ENTP

I chose "I drink both 2-4", but it depends on where I am... when I'm in the States, it's practically coffee all day (sometimes none, most often one or two, when I'm stressed upto five)... but even though my parents drink tea, I typically can't be bothered brewing it properly...

But when I'm in India? God help me... I drink three to six cups of chai every day... not only cause it's really good, but there's always someone else ready to give you some...

I love it... you go to someone's house, and you're not leaving without chai and sweetmeats (mishti or mithaayi). And there are tea vendors every two feet on the roads... It gets to be quite a problem...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I chose "I drink both 2-4", but it depends on where I am... when I'm in the States, it's practically coffee all day (sometimes none, most often one or two, when I'm stressed upto five)... but even though my parents drink tea, I typically can't be bothered brewing it properly...

But when I'm in India? God help me... I drink three to six cups of chai every day... not only cause it's really good, but there's always someone else ready to give you some...

I love it... you go to someone's house, and you're not leaving without chai and sweetmeats (mishti or mithaayi). And there are tea vendors every two feet on the roads... It gets to be quite a problem...
    My sister's new in-laws visited (they live in Tamil Nadu) for three months before and after the wedding, which was over a long weekend in the mountains. Every time I turned around her new MIL was handing me a cup of tea and it was SO FREAKING GOOD. I wish I had asked her to show me how she makes it. Other than that I'm pro-tea, in particular Southern sweetened iced tea, but I have to keep it down since I'm trying to shrink myself. Coffee's good too. I like it all.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I generally always drink one cup of coffee in the morning.
    As far as the rest of the day, the doses vary depending on many factors:
    - How many hours of physical activity during the week I am doing: if I am cycling intensely 20+ hours a week, I can drink up to 4 coffees a day, if I am not doing anything I may only drink the one in the morning, if I am going to the gym and running I will take another one after lunch usually.
    - How near are finals: I try to make my caffeine-intake follow a parabola-like pattern with the peak around 2 days before the final: this allows me to be sufficiently revved up and concentrated up until the 2 days before; then while I cut the intake off the tension for the exam increases, and the two effects tend to cancel out - this makes my level of stress remain constant and allows me to avoid pre-exam anxiety - the caffeine withdrawal dumbs my nervous system down a little so that the nervousness is absorbed.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine. If I drink a coffee after 5 pm, I can't sleep at night.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I generally always drink one cup of coffee in the morning.
    As far as the rest of the day, the doses vary depending on many factors:
    - How many hours of physical activity during the week I am doing: if I am cycling intensely 20+ hours a week, I can drink up to 4 coffees a day, if I am not doing anything I may only drink the one in the morning, if I am going to the gym and running I will take another one after lunch usually.
    - How near are finals: I try to make my caffeine-intake follow a parabola-like pattern with the peak around 2 days before the final: this allows me to be sufficiently revved up and concentrated up until the 2 days before; then while I cut the intake off the tension for the exam increases, and the two effects tend to cancel out - this makes my level of stress remain constant and allows me to avoid pre-exam anxiety - the caffeine withdrawal dumbs my nervous system down a little so that the nervousness is absorbed.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine. If I drink a coffee after 5 pm, I can't sleep at night.
    Have you ever tried switching to tea around the exam itself? From what I've read it's supposed to have a simultaneous destressing effect (from theanine) which counters the caffeine's stimulating effect.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so