• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It is bread, I am bread, well eat

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
10053-It-Is-Bread-Asphalt_medium.jpg

Recommend bread recipes, baking tips, etc, here!

(I am especially interested in easy, whole wheat, nutty-crunchy bread recipes that are healthy and have that nice soft-but-seedy texture. One of my favorite bakeries back home had a really great whole grain bread, and I miss it. Best cheap way to get some of that bread would probably be to make my own.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Otherwise the bread will be gross.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If you have a dutch oven with a heavy lid, this is the easiest bread you can make.

Easy Homemade Bread | Artisan

Here is another that we love. I like to use the bigger rolled oats and they look great on the crust.

Soft Honey Oat Bread

This is another version of the no knead, dutch oven bread but, it's full of oats, flax, pepitas, sesame seeds...plus it uses wheat flour. It's very good.

Half Baked Harvest - Made with Love

gromit

likes this
I stay away from yeast... too intimidating.

I have a rye quickbread recipe I make to dip in mushroom soup, and also a brown soda bread I like with Irish breakfast (beans, tomatoes, fried egg etc)

Rye quickbread (I just change to whole wheat instead of wheat/white mix)

Brown bread recipe

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is awesome -- thanks guys! I'm Pinteresting up a storm!

[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] that last recipe looks AMAZING. I'd need to buy some ground flaxseed though. What is the purpose of that, by the way? What does it do for the taste/texture of the bread?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This is awesome -- thanks guys! I'm Pinteresting up a storm!

[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] that last recipe looks AMAZING. I'd need to buy some ground flaxseed though. What is the purpose of that, by the way? What does it do for the taste/texture of the bread?

I think it makes it taste a little more nutty, along with all the health benefits. Ground flax is easier to digest than the seeds themselves, plus they use it in GF products so it's easy to find.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I stay away from yeast... too intimidating.

Nah. Try that artisan bread. It's impossible to mess up and you only use 1/4 t of yeast, far less than a usual loaf.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this thread was going to be about transubstantiation. Whew.

Anyway, yay bread!