• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bigfoot body found

LeetoLydia

MBTI Type
Unkn
As a friend of mine said, I believe it's a hoax, but it sure would be neat if it were real. There shouldn't be any good reasons for these guys to prolong exhibiting it. Yeah, they're "a policeman and a former corrections officer" putting their jobs and credibility on the line, but won't they be plenty rich by the time it's all over?

O

Oberon

And if it isn't a hoax?... What would that say about the concept of...*cough*..Religion?...:ohmy:

Don't be absurd.

Materialists seem to believe that every time we learn that the universe isn't quite the place we thought it was, it means God can't be real.

What it really means is that Man isn't omniscient. Who do we worship, after all? Ourselves, mostly. That's why it shakes us so hard.

But the body turned out to be a hoax.

We now return you to your former omniscience.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jesus hates you, Oberon.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Star Wars??

Chewbacca! Oh, I need me a Chewie in my life. Sigh.

I watched this one with interest also.

Ponders this phenomenom. Is it possible? Well, yeah, I think so. Why not? We are still discovering new species.

If so, where are they? Could they possibly find a hiding place from people any longer? This I doubt.

So then the myriad reportings are hoaxes followed by mass hysteria?

And the last big question. What kind of atrocities will we wreak upon such a creature if we should find one?

We'll have all our little Chewies lined up in a church pew wearing suits and speaking correct English before you know it!

Best to look the other way. Heh.

O

Oberon

What kind of atrocities will we wreak upon such a creature if we should find one?

We'll shave him, and have him play center for the Lakers.

Oh, wait...

344px-O%27NealFT.jpg

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
The mental image of two guys hauling a 500 pound mass of rapidly putrescing meat out of a "remote location" was plenty amusing.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
In the sixties when I lived in WA state I saw an article in the "Seattle Post-Intelligencer" from their archives which said that a man had brought one out of the mountains and that people paid to see him exhibited in Seattle.

I've tried without success to find this article.

Interesting.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Digs through thit*

There's gotta be a Yeti in there somewhere. . .

MBTI Type
ENTP
Could someone explain to me why these guys are being prosecuted? I mean, it was a big practical joke, and it's not like they made money out of it... at most, they should be made to compensate scientists and others who lost billable time following a manufactured trail. But I would be horrified if the punishment was any more severe.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Who said prosecuted? It would be nice if they were. They committed fraud and received money on false pretenses.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Who said prosecuted? It would be nice if they were. They committed fraud and received money on false pretenses.

oh... I guess settlements then... that should happen... I didn't know they'd received cash... the moment I learned it was a hoax my mind switched off in regard to this story.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
See, now, if this were The Twilight Zone, the hoaxers would be kidnapped by an embarrassed, shadowy bio-megacorp and lowered into a pit containing, of course, Bigfoot.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
As a friend of mine said, I believe it's a hoax, but it sure would be neat if it were real.
You're allowed to search for bigfoot too, you know. :yes:

Are you saying Bigfoot is the Santa Claus of the wilderness then? :huh: :D

Yeah, they're "a policeman and a former corrections officer" putting their jobs and credibility on the line, but won't they be plenty rich by the time it's all over?

Maybe. Depends on how the lawsuits go. Either way, the lawyers will be plenty rich. :D

The mental image of two guys hauling a 500 pound mass of rapidly putrescing meat out of a "remote location" was plenty amusing.

:laugh:

Reality is nearly as funny....

Bigfoot hoaxers say it was just 'a big joke' - CNN.com

Now the two Georgia men admit that the hairy, icy blob was an Internet-purchased Sasquatch costume stuffed with possum roadkill and slaughterhouse leftovers.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, if the Bigfoot "expert" can't tell a smelly stuffed sasquatch costume from a "real Bigfoot" while "authenticating" it... who can? :laugh:

I love the police chief giving reason to why he fired the police officer hoaxer (on CNN link):
"He lied on national TV," Turner says of Whitton, "so a defense attorney now could say, 'How do we know you're not lying now?'

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
There's another mystery in this story...

Bigfoot hoaxers say it was just 'a big joke' - CNN.com

Now the two Georgia men admit that the hairy, icy blob was an Internet-purchased Sasquatch costume stuffed with possum roadkill and slaughterhouse leftovers.

'Bigfoot' fails DNA test - Science - MSNBC.com

One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis.

:shocking: