• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If anyone is interested. Its tall fescue since my yard is dappled shade and i dont like st augustine. I prefer a fine and soft blade grass, and also unlike st augustine it can be grown via seed. Difference is $150 in seed and starter fertilizer vs $1500-2000 for sod.

What i did was wait until we were in pretty constant 50s, cool season grass. Wont grow much over 90s. Raked all leaves and twigs to show dirt good. Then used a hard rake and shovel to break up hard spots. Put down seed, should hve used more. Got 2 bags for $25 each. Then used an aerator attached to riding mower and went over yard which sinks seeds down. Then raked dirt over seeds. Once done i put down starting fertilizer according to instructions. After that i watered every other day for 2-3 weeks, then dropped it back to 3 times a week, and now gonna drop it to twice a week, but longer and spaced out timing so it has time to soak in and not run off.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love this blog. It's so awesome to pop in and see all the progress you have made. I am amazed that there is anywhere you could buy a house for $155K (even in disrepair) I have a small flat and it's crazy London market value is over a million pounds. You honestly could not buy a garage in London for that price. Where is it you live?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this blog. It's so awesome to pop in and see all the progress you have made. I am amazed that there is anywhere you could buy a house for $155K (even in disrepair) I have a small flat and it's crazy London market value is over a million pounds. You honestly could not buy a garage in London for that price. Where is it you live?

Dfw area in texas, united states. Our house prices never went crazy like alot of other places. We still have good size houses. Its Almost 2200 sqft

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's incredible, all the work you've put in. And it looks great!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wow, its been awhile. latest project outdoor cedar cabinet. gonna turn bottom section into a little play area for the little one while he fits. and the smoker will be repainted soon.

20160823_190539.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Should be alot more updates again. Deciding to sell house, so gotta finish it out. Slowed down big time with baby. Pulling out equity and gonna dump into another house to fix up. Move in with parents for a month or 2 so we have freedom when we find another house. 60% down payment in cash and no contingency on house sale. Possibly all cash as we have an investor who can upfront rest of money as cash. Word is next year will start a buyers market here, but cant depend on speculation.

At suggestion of GF and after checking with an agent on house value based on area we flipped washer/dryer to garage and turning laundry into a nice walk in pantry. Same wall, just opposite side. No major work. Also added a linen closet in third bathroom eating up a little of new pantry.

Goal is lower 16" deep shelves with a countertop and 12" shelves above. This allows us to remove old closet pantry and move fridge to opposite wall so the entrance to kitchen opens up. Makes kitchen appear bigger from one of the main entry points. Its amazing how much presentation affects buyers. But impression is a big aspect of our decisions.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Should be alot more updates again. Deciding to sell house, so gotta finish it out. Slowed down big time with baby. Pulling out equity and gonna dump into another house to fix up. Move in with parents for a month or 2 so we have freedom when we find another house. 60% down payment in cash and no contingency on house sale. Possibly all cash as we have an investor who can upfront rest of money as cash. Word is next year will start a buyers market here, but cant depend on speculation.

At suggestion of GF and after checking with an agent on house value based on area we flipped washer/dryer to garage and turning laundry into a nice walk in pantry. Same wall, just opposite side. No major work. Also added a linen closet in third bathroom eating up a little of new pantry.

Goal is lower 16" deep shelves with a countertop and 12" shelves above. This allows us to remove old closet pantry and move fridge to opposite wall so the entrance to kitchen opens up. Makes kitchen appear bigger from one of the main entry points. Its amazing how much presentation affects buyers. But impression is a big aspect of our decisions.

You need one of those flip shows. I'd watch.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You need one of those flip shows. I'd watch.

I am learning. First house i have remodeled and sold. Been 2 years, but its something i do with a full time job and a family, so i dont go as fast as i could.

ToniTheSlut

MBTI Type
ENTP
Really cool thread. Stuff like this is why I love STPs so much. Just do it.

That said, I'm having a hard time seeing where your decorating is going. It seems to be all over the place. Maybe finding a unifying theme to tie all the renovations together would be a great idea. Unless of course this renovation is incredibly personal.

Basically excellent foundational ideas and creativity, the polishing (bringing everything together) can use a little work.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20161013_222558.jpg

20161013_222247.jpg

Pantry coming along. Lowes had cabinets on clearance for half price :) it will have a motion sensor light. Have sensor, just need to install it

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really cool thread. Stuff like this is why I love STPs so much. Just do it.

That said, I'm having a hard time seeing where your decorating is going. It seems to be all over the place. Maybe finding a unifying theme to tie all the renovations together would be a great idea. Unless of course this renovation is incredibly personal.

Basically excellent foundational ideas and creativity, the polishing (bringing everything together) can use a little work.

Its personalized at this point. Didnt plan on selling after only 2.5 years.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20161018_190215.jpg

Almost done. Not gonna tile until i get kitchen finished and ready to tile so i can start in kitchen to get layout good in kitchen. I am gonna frame around the upper right cabinets to help hide the holes and make it look more finished.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And motion sensor works awesome :) mounted right inside door facing down. This keeps it from picking up movement outside of room. Set to stay on for 5 minutes after motion stops.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
P1050224_8.jpg

P1050223_7.jpg

Found pics that used to be what is now the pantry. When it was the laundry room.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Next project, remove old pantry and move fridge so entrance from computer room has an open view. Also opens up back of kitchen better so it appears bigger

Before
Screenshot_20161023-163514.png

20161023_085104.jpg

Test fit
20161023_163458.jpg

Electric and water ran. I like pex, so easy to use
20161024_143350.jpg

20161024_165652.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Almost done with tape and bed. Slow process for me due to dry time. Between work, life, kids i ak not always able to come back for another coats after it dries. First coat takes longest. This is third coat. Will do a final fourth right before i texture it. Last 2 coats dry within an hour as they are usually pretty thin and minor touch up coats. Usually last coat i spray texture before it even dries fully. Adding another layer of sheetrock to ceiling to avoid having to float and retexture cieling. Cielings are a pain in the ass, i dont have the good professional cieling tools. Easier to just add another layer and handle couple tapered seems.

20161025_222740.jpg

20161026_083747.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tape and bed done and painted. Ceilings and install cabinet next. Redoing entire ceiling. Current one is a disaster from the previous owner. He had no business using a crows foot with his lack of experience. Gonna just put sheetrock ontop of the current sheetrock and texture it like the walls.

20161029_074048.jpg

20161029_084840.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So people dont have to dig through thread...before pics when we bought house.

20161101_094609.png

20161101_094533.png

20161101_094549.png

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More then likely gonna do corian countertops. I can get them for $17 a sqft...basically cost if and will have my aunt/uncle teach me how to glue it all up. They own a countertop company that does commercial installs at movie theatres, etc.