• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Moved one return air from 9" duct to 14" return air duct

And what happens when you foot slips...

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Moved one return air from 9" duct to 14" return air duct

And what happens when you foot slips...

You fall all the way down? My wife did that last year from our attic. She avoided falling down two floors with some very lucky acrobatics.....

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You fall all the way down? My wife did that last year from our attic. She avoided falling down two floors with some very lucky acrobatics.....

I caught myself somehow. I don't remember much of what happened. Foot slipped, went through ceiing, I caught myself, looked down and thought shit, that's the kitchen, got up and took picture and texted GF saying we need to cancel get together or do it at my brothers instead because the kitchen is a disaster. That's the extent of the details I remember.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I caught myself somehow. I don't remember much of what happened. Foot slipped, went through ceiing, I caught myself, looked down and thought shit, that's the kitchen, got up and took picture and texted GF saying we need to cancel get together or do it at my brothers instead because the kitchen is a disaster. That's the extent of the details I remember.

Lucky. My wife went through, but somehow swung over to the second floor hallway that was a few feet away from where she fell.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My chest is about 16" wide which is about 1.5 wider then gap between joists and shoulders are 22" wide. Even front to back of my chest is 13" so even if sideways I barely fit through joists.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got my GF some organization stuff for her birthday as she is going crazy trying to organize and she wouldn't normally spend the money on this stuff as she is thrifty and these aren't that cheap.

Gonna add some partitions next to pots and pans one for cookie sheets and stuff. Got on for each cabinet we have so far. Really helps organize this stuff. 2 15" cabinets, a 24" cabinet and the 30" cabinet with pots and pans

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Working on side table, this one has taken me forever to do since things keep popping up and I havnt had much dedicated time for it. It will fit perfect between couches

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Latest project

Kitchen when we bought house. Wet bar opened to living room so it was just a wall eating into kitchen.

Also removed load bearing column that was at front of counter using a blind header in attic. Phase 1 was turning old wet bar into counter, phase 2 was removing old stove, oven, cabinets next to pantry, this is phase 3.

Next will be adding 2 floor to ceiling cabinets on left and right of old sink and turn old sink spot into a counter for cook books and stuff . still trying to decide if we leave fridge where it's at and turn old pantry into counter. Or move fridge where pantry is and turn old spot into counter. Biggest reason for moving fridge is visual. So when you walk through that kitchen entrance you can see all of kitchen which makes it look and feel bigger.

Yes, plywood counters until we are done in case layout changes.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of tape do you use?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In case anyone is curious, I calculated money spent on materials for taxes, we have spent about $20k so far without windows. Paid 155k for house, house down Street that's 150sqft smaller and refreshed(new carpet, paint, etc. No where near what we have done) just sold for 224k. We wouldn't have spent as much if it wasn't gonna be our house for the next 7 years or so. We could probably get $230k right now when I am done.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some progress. One more 12" cabinet to install, trim, install shelf behind sink, wall. Lots left to do.

The disaster to organize before I get it all closed up.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tape? For walls?

Just wondering if tape was used to keep things in place temporary or permanent, like wiring, piping etc. I just happened to be searching for adhesive tape yesterday.

And is that ply wood for the kitchen sink counter? Is that sealed or what happens now?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wondering if tape was used to keep things in place temporary or permanent, like wiring, piping etc. I just happened to be searching for adhesive tape yesterday.

And is that ply wood for the kitchen sink counter? Is that sealed or what happens now?

Lol, it's all glued, soldered, and nailed.

Wood is sealed and just temporary until we are done with remodeling kitchen and then I am gonna try and make a concrete countertop. Kit is only $100 bucks shipped so figure why not give it a shot.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Under cabinet lighting gets here today :). Just a $32 led warm white light kit, 16ft of LED ribbon light. 2 kits, as I am gonna wire up below and above upper cabinets. Installing outlets above cabinets and switch is by sink in same box as the disposal, and can light above sink. Will post pictures. Just did warm white for kitchen, not full RGB color changing with remote like I did with dry bar.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also removed old sink counter and EVERYTHING to do with base cabinets. It was nasty and drafty. Been dieing to pull it all out since we moved in.

In a couple weeks this will change to floor to ceiling cabinets to left and right of window. Just 24" deep with a batwing design doors. Between will be a 36" cabinet I am thinking of opening up for cook books and such.

Added 2 20amp circuits, one small appliance branch circuit and a disposal/dishwasher one. Most wiring is done. GF wants one more set of outlets at end of counter which lets us plug in 12 things on that side when done.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some yard work. Hired tree trimmers, fixed sprinklers, then raked, cleaned, aerated, planted seed, fertilized.

Get a lot more sun in yard now. That's my POS car. Running it into the ground before I get another. Well, actually have that and a 2010 Mazda 3. GF drives Mazda, I drive the 97 Camry. My choice. Holding out a bit before I get me another tundra. Which will be the fourth tundra I have owned. I am a truck guy.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Working on grass and paint.

Also kitchen

Again 30" deep counter and pulled uppers 1.5" from wall to make it easier to reach them. All cabinets were about $500 and countertop was free scrap from aunts counter top business.

Last of old cabinets removed. Went cheap route for this. Bottom cabinets were damaged as was most of cabinets in kitchen. Havnt paid more then $50 for a base cabinet. Got 2 36" base cabinets for $50 because lowes screwed up. Since uppers are much more visible i buy ones that are not damaged. None of the damage of lower cabinets are visible. Usually side or back busted and i just add wood to brace thats out of site.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trying to bring a bit of color to front of house

Grass so far, was all dirt before. Gonna overseed in fall. Didnt put enough, wasnt even sure if it would take and grow. Should be full by next year.