• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Resized_20161107_123725.jpeg

Let there be lights :) gotta secure top strip for more even lighting. The strip is turning sideways in middle. Cheap $20 led light strip from amazon. Cut to length and used left over network wires to connect them.

Pick out countertops tonight :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20161108_072003.jpg

Square is what we are going with. Surrounding is whats in picture on right side of kitchen. Similiar color, biggest difference is transparent particulates and shinier so it has visual depth to it instead of just flat. The lighting enhances the depth.

Others we like better, but staying within a budget for resale. This will be under $2k for apmost 70sqft of countertop

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No major updates. Tedious crap of painting trim, doors, detail work that gets boring and monotonous, but needs to get done. Son is gonna move into 4th back mother-in-law bedroom and turning his old room into a massage room. Then off to the second bedroom. The last room with concrete floor, one wall down to studs, and wall around electrical panel at down to studs as well. Plus gotta build a closet as old one was taken down because its now against code to have an electrical panel in closet as well as NO space around it. That will be built on opposite side of room. Considering a built in closet as well with a built in desk.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This is really nice work.

What material are the tiles composed of, and how did you decide on it?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is really nice work.

What material are the tiles composed of, and how did you decide on it?

They are porcelain. Our cabinets are a dull mocha color so we wanted something with a slight shine as well as light so we dont darken our kitchen up to much. We also didnt want to go crazy expensive, didnt want to go over $6 a tile. Luckily we got these for just under $1 a tile. We had picked about 4 or 5 we liked and bought one of each. Then laid them under the cabinets. Once we decided on one i bought a pack and then laid several out so we could get a better picture.

We are very happy with the way it turned out :)

I didnt realize i didnt put completed pictures up.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We have decided to refinance instead of sell. Our mortgage is dropping by a couple hundred due to lower interest with a 7/1 ARM and no more PMI sinfe our value has drastically increased. So closing costs will be paid for in less then a year. Rentals are also going for about $800- $1000 a month higher then our mortgage will be. Nice chunk of change a month and then sell in a couple years.

There is a house right around corner with busted windows, no carpet, missing a/c, boarded up front door that we are looking at buying. We have an investor lined up to front the cash and then finance it through a bank after we get it livable. Cash will buy cheaper and faster though it will cost more upfront to borrow cash then finance.

Will post new pictures...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20161029_084840.jpg

20170215_145344.jpg

20170216_131401.jpg

Refinance done, value went up 50% :) should go up 70% when done.

Finished kitchen ceiling.

Master bathroom remodel about to start

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still trying to decide countertops. Biggest dilemma right now is do it myself or have installed. Depends fully on price savings. I can do corian myself since my aunt owns a corian shop. If not we are looking at our granite options.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just got quote back from granite counters. $3150 for level 1 ornamental. Not to bad for 72sqft. We have so much countertops GF doesn't want a busy look. Ornamental is fairly light and basic, consistent for granite which matches our kitchen.

About to start master bathroom remodel...in process of removing everything right now so I can gut it down to the studs. Trying to decide if we can squeeze a corner tub in. 60"x60" corner tub and a 60" vanity is a tight fit. Bathroom is 10'x10'. Closet will be 10'x7'. I pretty much have a 10'x17' area to play with for closet and master bath. Being on a concrete slab I want to avoid cutting into slab as much as possible for plumbing so that is a key aspect of how it will be designed...probably...lol. I am not one to shy away from work and experience...i am just ready to be done with this house and move onto next one. Want it done good, but fairly quick.

Lark

This is so weird, I was about to post a thread similar to this one, I'm thinking about buying a house and all those pictures which I saw on facebook years ago of huge or odd furniture or sofas which had beds in the centre and the like are all in my head but I cant find them when I try to search them out.

Does anyone know what the name of those sofas which are oversized and have the extension on the front of them are called, they look more like a bed than a chair, I want one of those if I could only know what its called, also huge bed/sofa inventions.

Also, I have this obsession, there's a room in clocktower three or a sequel which was a safe room, which was a sort of study with a clock and a fireplace and it was very rustic and warm, I loved it and wanted to copy it, but I dont have the game anymore and cant get it in image searches, again I might not be searching properly.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Does anyone know what the name of those sofas which are oversized and have the extension on the front of them are called, they look more like a bed than a chair, I want one of those if I could only know what its called, also huge bed/sofa inventions.

That extension is called a chaise, often on a sectional. I have two of these and love them. Well, my ENFJ usually claims it when we are both sitting on them so, I love them only when he isn't here. This is the one in my living room. Broyhill. Don't know if they sell that brand in Europe but I'm sure they have something similar.

553aa57a83edd904d85ceeeafb0d5656.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You also may be thinking of this, which is a chaise with a modular piece that can be used like an ottoman or flips out like a sofa bed. These are expensive though.

Extended-Sofa-Bed-722-.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is so weird, I was about to post a thread similar to this one, I'm thinking about buying a house and all those pictures which I saw on facebook years ago of huge or odd furniture or sofas which had beds in the centre and the like are all in my head but I cant find them when I try to search them out.

Also, I have this obsession, there's a room in clocktower three or a sequel which was a safe room, which was a sort of study with a clock and a fireplace and it was very rustic and warm, I loved it and wanted to copy it, but I dont have the game anymore and cant get it in image searches, again I might not be searching properly.

Like a panic room hidden behind a bookshelf?

Lark

Like a panic room hidden behind a bookshelf?

That's actually an awesome idea, if I could build a house I think I'd have concealed rooms and stuff, even just rooms in which the doors were bookshelves because I like that sort of decor and think no room is complete without one pretty much.

In clocktower I think there's a secret room behind a fireplace which you can crawl into which has a statue which cries blood and then things sort of turn weird and all the scary battling and chasing stuff ensues (that game was so difficult the first time around but so easy on any subsequent play).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20170324_183422.jpg

Cleanup and remove old drywall and flooring now

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got a new dog so bathroom put on hold while I build a fence. Old one was falling apart and boards falling off it was so old. 6ft fence by house and goes to 8ft privacy fence in back as yard slopes downhill. Not best picture, taken with phone at 8:30pm in the dark. Only light was from camera flash. It 6in wide cedar boards and the pickets have a 1in overlap so it's complete privacy, no gap between boards.

20170405_202406.jpg

Thankful for my nail gun and compound miter saw, things go much faster.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Old fence
20170406_182020.jpg

20170406_190418.jpg

20170406_190404.jpg

Our new puppy. 12 weeks old. Half husky half Australian sheperd. Rescue dog

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Seriously impressive Pokes. Building a sturdy fence that affords privacy is no joke and this one is beautiful. I like the size of planks you chose. Is the wood treated?

What is the Pup's name (if you feel comfortable saying...)?

He is ALL KINDS of cute. What do the boys think of him? Vice versa?

PS. I think one of the features of mankind I find MOST puzzling is the choice of carpet in a bathroom?!?!? Look forward to seeing the finished result of that room.