User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    Yeah beyond layout and colours and choosing the main objects determining the rest of the outlook, I have to spend more time on figuring out smaller decorations and I'm not good at certain types of it.

I do like a more impressive look though beyond just clean bare looks.
    I do prefer a more impressive look, I just suck at it and it takes a really long time for me to do. I have noticed that IxFJ are usually awesome at that stuff. Not all, but alot.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I do prefer a more impressive look, I just suck at it and it takes a really long time for me to do. I have noticed that IxFJ are usually awesome at that stuff. Not all, but alot.
    Yeah to me it's worth the time

INFJ or ISFJ too? My mom's probably an ISFJ and she isn't good at this. But I think she just didn't have time to focus on this while having to take care of the family too.

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Awesome work, clearly a natural!

I am appalling at carpentry even though my father was a carpenter and I worked with him a great deal as a teenager. I'm pretty into experimental idea's and have a super super functional bedroom/living room/office/storeroom- it's very small and does actually cover all those bases (I came up with the design idea's). My brother, who does take after my father in terms of woodwork skill, made it and also imputed in the idea storming. I think I might have posted some pics before.

Love the open plan styling you have, in terms of colour I would go with a palette range and then put the order of those colours in after, i have a general idea with colours that go well together, just not how to order them My mother is an artist though so she does help a lot with that. She's also an ENFP and quite experimental.

Keep up the good work... ISTP's rock.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

With the reduced price of LED light bulbs I have almost moved the house over to only LED. I have just a couple more bulbs to change out. Namely the stupid candelabra type because those are still expensive per bulb. Walmart bulbs are down to about $2.30 a piece. Which isn't to bad. I refuse to pay anything above $2.50 for an led bulb which is why I still have the candelabra types to switch out. I can't find those for less then $8 a piece.

So just aneed idea. My 3 bulb fixture over kitchen table has been moved from 3 60 watt bulbs to 3 15 watt fluorescent to now 3 5 watt led and the led are brighter then the other 2. Entrance way was moved to 2 40watt eq led which uses about 15watts total. Sons 5 bulb bathroom fixture has been moved to 5 watt led which brings it down to 25 watts from 300 watt incandescent or 75 watt flourescent.

All in all we are running about 750kwh a month and we have major issues leaving lights on. We don't really focus on using as little as possible. So things like this help alot. I have a tankless water heater I need to install a well.

I know it's like the person who gets a burger and a diet drink. It's called balance.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

With the reduced price of LED light bulbs I have almost moved the house over to only LED. I have just a couple more bulbs to change out. Namely the stupid candelabra type because those are still expensive per bulb. Walmart bulbs are down to about $2.30 a piece. Which isn't to bad. I refuse to pay anything above $2.50 for an led bulb which is why I still have the candelabra types to switch out. I can't find those for less then $8 a piece.

So just aneed idea. My 3 bulb fixture over kitchen table has been moved from 3 60 watt bulbs to 3 15 watt fluorescent to now 3 5 watt led and the led are brighter then the other 2. Entrance way was moved to 2 40watt eq led which uses about 15watts total. Sons 5 bulb bathroom fixture has been moved to 5 watt led which brings it down to 25 watts from 300 watt incandescent or 75 watt flourescent.

All in all we are running about 750kwh a month and we have major issues leaving lights on. We don't really focus on using as little as possible. So things like this help alot. I have a tankless water heater I need to install a well.

I know it's like the person who gets a burger and a diet drink. It's called balance.
    We are almost all LED now too. Just a few to do, I have been watching the specials and using coupon incentives to switch to smart energy. I like the LEDs way more than the fluorescents, really dislike the quality of light they exude. I feel like I can't "see" properly somehow around those kinds of lights.

Plus I like your comment about balance.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    We are almost all LED now too. Just a few to do, I have been watching the specials and using coupon incentives to switch to smart energy. I like the LEDs way more than the fluorescents, really dislike the quality of light they exude. I feel like I can't "see" properly somehow around those kinds of lights.

Plus I like your comment about balance.
    The balance thing is so funny with ENFP GF. She is control without change and I am control by change. So she starts getting picky about leaving lights on and we need to turn them off. So I change out the lights instead of being as picky. We need to remember to do this thing, so make it automatic instead. Problem solved.

Lol my parents I was sitting at thier house one day and they started bitching at each other about closing the inside garage door. So I got up and left. Came home with a spring loaded hinge, installed it said there, bitching is done. It closes on its own. People are funny that way. Why make life harder, ENFP GF is seeing a whole new side to solutions. I am not lazy, but the more streamlined things are that don't require intervention the more you can focus on other things that matter and you can't streamline yet. I do that all the time...problem solved stop your bitching.

She didn't see the point in good knives because her old crappy ones worked. I got her a good knife set and she couldn't see spending the money. I almost gave it to her early because she gave me a knife to cut an apple and the knife twisted and went out the side of the apple and curved. Now that she knows what good knives are she won't go back. These arent even crazy good, just a $ 700 set I got on sale for $200. It's crazy how much she lives with difficult because it's more "efficient" somehow. She is cheap and I have no issue spending money so we balance each other out. I am showing her the other side of living. She never grew up with the thought of "what do I want" just make what I have work. She helps stretch out money so it goes longer.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Yeah, our experience with CFLs was crap. They were supposed to last ages but we only ever got like a couple months out of them. And you can't just throw them away either.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

The balance thing is so funny with ENFP GF. She is control without change and I am control by change. So she starts getting picky about leaving lights on and we need to turn them off. So I change out the lights instead of being as picky. We need to remember to do this thing, so make it automatic instead. Problem solved.

Lol my parents I was sitting at thier house one day and they started bitching at each other about closing the inside garage door. So I got up and left. Came home with a spring loaded hinge, installed it said there, bitching is done. It closes on its own. People are funny that way. Why make life harder, ENFP GF is seeing a whole new side to solutions. I am not lazy, but the more streamlined things are that don't require intervention the more you can focus on other things that matter and you can't streamline yet. I do that all the time...problem solved stop your bitching.

She didn't see the point in good knives because her old crappy ones worked. I got her a good knife set and she couldn't see spending the money. I almost gave it to her early because she gave me a knife to cut an apple and the knife twisted and went out the side of the apple and curved. Now that she knows what good knives are she won't go back. These arent even crazy good, just a $ 700 set I got on sale for $200. It's crazy how much she lives with difficult because it's more "efficient" somehow. She is cheap and I have no issue spending money so we balance each other out. I am showing her the other side of living. She never grew up with the thought of "what do I want" just make what I have work. She helps stretch out money so it goes longer.
    Your examples were interesting because, although I definitely historically identify with being more like your ENFP gf (make what you have work) I have been (in the last 7-8 years or so?) becoming much more like yourself in the problem-solving arena. My ESTJ husband will complain about something 10x and I will now say, "The time you've been unhappy we could have just driven to the hardware store, spent $50 and fixed this problem. Let's just fix it." A recent example was in our new house, he was frustrated with lack of storage -- "There aren't enough shelves, we have no storage space." So, there was a great 12 foot span in the storage room that would lend itself nicely to making shelves. And he was like, "I don't know" and I was encouraging that we don't over-think it, let's just build them. We went to the building center, bought 2x4's and chipboard, and got to it. Took one day to do and is now great. And he feels good because he made these shelves. He likes it when he solves problems.

It's like I have realized that the time spent complaining about a thing is simply time lost. Let's just fix it. Let's just do the things we say are important. It's realizing I have the ability to not have to "put up" with something, I can change it. Somehow it's been very empowering in other areas of my life too.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Since this is your remodel thread, here are the pictures:

Last edited by PeaceBaby; 12-18-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    eSTP

Since this is your remodel thread, here are the pictures:

Attachment 15072

Attachment 15073
    It's says invalid attachment when I click on it