Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    SO didn't want beige. To plain
    Maybe greige. It's still a neutral color (as is gray) but it has those warmer tones.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Maybe greige. It's still a neutral color (as is gray) but it has those warmer tones.
    I like that color, she wanted bright...to me walls can be painted. Kitchen has reddish walls. First color for bath I picked was a greyish blue, but it clashed with everything else. Then we tried burnt orange, but ended up home depot orange...lol. Color is not my strong point, functional design and construction is.

She wants purple for master. So possibly light purple and a darker purple accent wall. We will see. I like trying things, so for me nothing is permanent. My response is almost always, let's try and see as long as its functionally sound. Not gonna remove a wall to see if its load bearing and house actually does break.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    eSTP

Got computer room floors down and furniture back in. All furniture and curtains was just reused from something I already had from other houses/apartments so they don't really match, but I am happy. Desk was L shaped, but I was able to rearrange it and the only modification was to slightly enlarge a hole in a metal strip that connects the 2 straight pieces together. The corner of the L is on far side and the 2 sides of the L have been connected to be straight. When we bought this house in August the 2 entrances to kitchen and on other side of kitchen were doors(don't understand why they had doors), walls were white with crows foot, and right next to tile had 2 3 foot half walls on each side with those column things going to the ceiling that made it feel like a prison. Combine that with green marble tile from entrance and destroyed/stained old carpet and you can see why people thought I was crazy when I bought it. Got it for 40k under what it could appraise for with a remodel though.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes gromit, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

And this is my sons room. Its what happens when you send an ENFP and an 11 year old to home depot to pick out paint. I would have objected, but at the time we pretty much had the room stripped down to concrete. Of course it was a royal PITA to get the paint off the concrete to put wood floors down, but between me, my dad, and the floor tool we rented at homedepot to clean all the crap off the concrete floors in the whole house we finally got it all off.

We have 2 yellow walls across from each other, a green wall, and a blue wall. We then grabbed rags and flung them everywhere. It was lots of fun for all 3 of us My son even tried covering himself with paint and running into the wall.

Likes Showbread, gromit, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

And this is my sons room. Its what happens when you send an ENFP and an 11 year old to home depot to pick out paint. I would have objected, but at the time we pretty much had the room stripped down to concrete. Of course it was a royal PITA to get the paint off the concrete to put wood floors down, but between me, my dad, and the floor tool we rented at homedepot to clean all the crap off the concrete floors in the whole house we finally got it all off.

We have 2 yellow walls across from each other, a green wall, and a blue wall. We then grabbed rags and flung them everywhere. It was lots of fun for all 3 of us My son even tried covering himself with paint and running into the wall.

That's so cute! Good for you for letting him be creative with his space. My mom never let me do the crazy things I wanted with mine because "it was still her house." Looks like you guys had a lot of fun putting it together.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Home remodels are so enjoyable. A lot of work, but enjoyable, discarding the old and bringing forth the vision of new.

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    That's so cute! Good for you for letting him be creative with his space. My mom never let me do the crazy things I wanted with mine because "it was still her house." Looks like you guys had a lot of fun putting it together.
    I have always tried to make sure that he felt like the houses we both lived in belonged to both of us. I let him help pick things out, put posters he made in school on the walls, etc. Its just one thing I made sure I did after me and his mom divorced to make sure he knew that he is wanted.
    Likes Ivy, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Home remodels are so enjoyable. A lot of work, but enjoyable, discarding the old and bringing forth the vision of new.
    I hav been told I am sick because I love physical labor. Plus you get to do what you want. Everyone jokes I bought a shell because I am ripping the house apart and rearranging walls. I enjoy it though. This is my first remodel and while I know basics of construction and handyman, this is all a learn as I go experience. My girlfriend was likie I wish I knew a couple years ago you can do tile". I couldn't, I just learn as I go.

MBTI
    eSTP

I was gonna do this later down the road, but decided last minute that its much easier to do this before I put down the floors, paint the walls, and actually have furniture in the room.

My dad took down the walls yesterday afternoon while I worked from home. I went over every once in awhile to give him a hand. Me and my dad have pretty much done everything ourselves. He is INTJ. I don't know why completely, but we work very well together. I picked up his work ethics which is probably the strongest part about him. I do it for fun though, to him its work and a combination of "should" and the why usually determines his "want". For me the doing it is the fun part and my want.

Not done yet, but had to finish the majority since its gonna rain today. Got it all in and mostly sealed up, still a few spots of light show through the sides and I will seal those up today and then work in getting it all trimmed out. Glad we did it before we moved into the Master Bedroom, it would have made a huge mess otherwise.
    Likes PeaceBaby, Punderstorm liked this post

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This is my first remodel and while I know basics of construction and handyman, this is all a learn as I go experience. My girlfriend was likie I wish I knew a couple years ago you can do tile". I couldn't, I just learn as I go.
    What resources do you personally find most helpful to learn this stuff?

Are there any online forums you find particularly helpful? Or do you just happen to already know people who can tell you whatever you need to know?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari