User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Pantry coming along. Lowes had cabinets on clearance for half price it will have a motion sensor light. Have sensor, just need to install it
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by ToniTheSlut View Post
    Really cool thread. Stuff like this is why I love STPs so much. Just do it.

That said, I'm having a hard time seeing where your decorating is going. It seems to be all over the place. Maybe finding a unifying theme to tie all the renovations together would be a great idea. Unless of course this renovation is incredibly personal.

Basically excellent foundational ideas and creativity, the polishing (bringing everything together) can use a little work.
    Its personalized at this point. Didnt plan on selling after only 2.5 years.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    eSTP

Almost done. Not gonna tile until i get kitchen finished and ready to tile so i can start in kitchen to get layout good in kitchen. I am gonna frame around the upper right cabinets to help hide the holes and make it look more finished.
    Likes Lark, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

And motion sensor works awesome mounted right inside door facing down. This keeps it from picking up movement outside of room. Set to stay on for 5 minutes after motion stops.

MBTI
    eSTP

Found pics that used to be what is now the pantry. When it was the laundry room.

MBTI
    eSTP

Next project, remove old pantry and move fridge so entrance from computer room has an open view. Also opens up back of kitchen better so it appears bigger

Before

Test fit

Electric and water ran. I like pex, so easy to use

Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Almost done with tape and bed. Slow process for me due to dry time. Between work, life, kids i ak not always able to come back for another coats after it dries. First coat takes longest. This is third coat. Will do a final fourth right before i texture it. Last 2 coats dry within an hour as they are usually pretty thin and minor touch up coats. Usually last coat i spray texture before it even dries fully. Adding another layer of sheetrock to ceiling to avoid having to float and retexture cieling. Cielings are a pain in the ass, i dont have the good professional cieling tools. Easier to just add another layer and handle couple tapered seems.

MBTI
    eSTP

Tape and bed done and painted. Ceilings and install cabinet next. Redoing entire ceiling. Current one is a disaster from the previous owner. He had no business using a crows foot with his lack of experience. Gonna just put sheetrock ontop of the current sheetrock and texture it like the walls.

Likes Kas liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

So people dont have to dig through thread...before pics when we bought house.

MBTI
    eSTP

More then likely gonna do corian countertops. I can get them for $17 a sqft...basically cost if and will have my aunt/uncle teach me how to glue it all up. They own a countertop company that does commercial installs at movie theatres, etc.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post