User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Filling in nicely
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes geedoenfj, Blackout liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

If anyone is interested. Its tall fescue since my yard is dappled shade and i dont like st augustine. I prefer a fine and soft blade grass, and also unlike st augustine it can be grown via seed. Difference is $150 in seed and starter fertilizer vs $1500-2000 for sod.

What i did was wait until we were in pretty constant 50s, cool season grass. Wont grow much over 90s. Raked all leaves and twigs to show dirt good. Then used a hard rake and shovel to break up hard spots. Put down seed, should hve used more. Got 2 bags for $25 each. Then used an aerator attached to riding mower and went over yard which sinks seeds down. Then raked dirt over seeds. Once done i put down starting fertilizer according to instructions. After that i watered every other day for 2-3 weeks, then dropped it back to 3 times a week, and now gonna drop it to twice a week, but longer and spaced out timing so it has time to soak in and not run off.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I love this blog. It's so awesome to pop in and see all the progress you have made. I am amazed that there is anywhere you could buy a house for $155K (even in disrepair) I have a small flat and it's crazy London market value is over a million pounds. You honestly could not buy a garage in London for that price. Where is it you live?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I love this blog. It's so awesome to pop in and see all the progress you have made. I am amazed that there is anywhere you could buy a house for $155K (even in disrepair) I have a small flat and it's crazy London market value is over a million pounds. You honestly could not buy a garage in London for that price. Where is it you live?
    Dfw area in texas, united states. Our house prices never went crazy like alot of other places. We still have good size houses. Its Almost 2200 sqft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

It's incredible, all the work you've put in. And it looks great!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    eSTP

wow, its been awhile. latest project outdoor cedar cabinet. gonna turn bottom section into a little play area for the little one while he fits. and the smoker will be repainted soon.

Likes geedoenfj, Blackout liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Should be alot more updates again. Deciding to sell house, so gotta finish it out. Slowed down big time with baby. Pulling out equity and gonna dump into another house to fix up. Move in with parents for a month or 2 so we have freedom when we find another house. 60% down payment in cash and no contingency on house sale. Possibly all cash as we have an investor who can upfront rest of money as cash. Word is next year will start a buyers market here, but cant depend on speculation.

At suggestion of GF and after checking with an agent on house value based on area we flipped washer/dryer to garage and turning laundry into a nice walk in pantry. Same wall, just opposite side. No major work. Also added a linen closet in third bathroom eating up a little of new pantry.

Goal is lower 16" deep shelves with a countertop and 12" shelves above. This allows us to remove old closet pantry and move fridge to opposite wall so the entrance to kitchen opens up. Makes kitchen appear bigger from one of the main entry points. Its amazing how much presentation affects buyers. But impression is a big aspect of our decisions.
    Likes PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Should be alot more updates again. Deciding to sell house, so gotta finish it out. Slowed down big time with baby. Pulling out equity and gonna dump into another house to fix up. Move in with parents for a month or 2 so we have freedom when we find another house. 60% down payment in cash and no contingency on house sale. Possibly all cash as we have an investor who can upfront rest of money as cash. Word is next year will start a buyers market here, but cant depend on speculation.

At suggestion of GF and after checking with an agent on house value based on area we flipped washer/dryer to garage and turning laundry into a nice walk in pantry. Same wall, just opposite side. No major work. Also added a linen closet in third bathroom eating up a little of new pantry.

Goal is lower 16" deep shelves with a countertop and 12" shelves above. This allows us to remove old closet pantry and move fridge to opposite wall so the entrance to kitchen opens up. Makes kitchen appear bigger from one of the main entry points. Its amazing how much presentation affects buyers. But impression is a big aspect of our decisions.
    You need one of those flip shows. I'd watch.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You need one of those flip shows. I'd watch.
    I am learning. First house i have remodeled and sold. Been 2 years, but its something i do with a full time job and a family, so i dont go as fast as i could.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTP

Really cool thread. Stuff like this is why I love STPs so much. Just do it.

That said, I'm having a hard time seeing where your decorating is going. It seems to be all over the place. Maybe finding a unifying theme to tie all the renovations together would be a great idea. Unless of course this renovation is incredibly personal.

Basically excellent foundational ideas and creativity, the polishing (bringing everything together) can use a little work.