User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    What kind of tape do you use?
    Tape? For walls?
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    eSTP

Some progress. One more 12" cabinet to install, trim, install shelf behind sink, wall. Lots left to do.

The disaster to organize before I get it all closed up.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Tape? For walls?
    Just wondering if tape was used to keep things in place temporary or permanent, like wiring, piping etc. I just happened to be searching for adhesive tape yesterday.

And is that ply wood for the kitchen sink counter? Is that sealed or what happens now?

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Just wondering if tape was used to keep things in place temporary or permanent, like wiring, piping etc. I just happened to be searching for adhesive tape yesterday.

And is that ply wood for the kitchen sink counter? Is that sealed or what happens now?
    Lol, it's all glued, soldered, and nailed.

Wood is sealed and just temporary until we are done with remodeling kitchen and then I am gonna try and make a concrete countertop. Kit is only $100 bucks shipped so figure why not give it a shot.

MBTI
    eSTP

Under cabinet lighting gets here today . Just a $32 led warm white light kit, 16ft of LED ribbon light. 2 kits, as I am gonna wire up below and above upper cabinets. Installing outlets above cabinets and switch is by sink in same box as the disposal, and can light above sink. Will post pictures. Just did warm white for kitchen, not full RGB color changing with remote like I did with dry bar.

MBTI
    eSTP

Also removed old sink counter and EVERYTHING to do with base cabinets. It was nasty and drafty. Been dieing to pull it all out since we moved in.

In a couple weeks this will change to floor to ceiling cabinets to left and right of window. Just 24" deep with a batwing design doors. Between will be a 36" cabinet I am thinking of opening up for cook books and such.

Added 2 20amp circuits, one small appliance branch circuit and a disposal/dishwasher one. Most wiring is done. GF wants one more set of outlets at end of counter which lets us plug in 12 things on that side when done.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Some yard work. Hired tree trimmers, fixed sprinklers, then raked, cleaned, aerated, planted seed, fertilized.

Get a lot more sun in yard now. That's my POS car. Running it into the ground before I get another. Well, actually have that and a 2010 Mazda 3. GF drives Mazda, I drive the 97 Camry. My choice. Holding out a bit before I get me another tundra. Which will be the fourth tundra I have owned. I am a truck guy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Keep up the great work!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Working on grass and paint.

Also kitchen

Again 30" deep counter and pulled uppers 1.5" from wall to make it easier to reach them. All cabinets were about $500 and countertop was free scrap from aunts counter top business.

Last of old cabinets removed. Went cheap route for this. Bottom cabinets were damaged as was most of cabinets in kitchen. Havnt paid more then $50 for a base cabinet. Got 2 36" base cabinets for $50 because lowes screwed up. Since uppers are much more visible i buy ones that are not damaged. None of the damage of lower cabinets are visible. Usually side or back busted and i just add wood to brace thats out of site.

MBTI
    eSTP

Trying to bring a bit of color to front of house

Grass so far, was all dirt before. Gonna overseed in fall. Didnt put enough, wasnt even sure if it would take and grow. Should be full by next year.