User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Moved one return air from 9" duct to 14" return air duct

And what happens when you foot slips...

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Moved one return air from 9" duct to 14" return air duct

And what happens when you foot slips...

You fall all the way down? My wife did that last year from our attic. She avoided falling down two floors with some very lucky acrobatics.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    You fall all the way down? My wife did that last year from our attic. She avoided falling down two floors with some very lucky acrobatics.....
    I caught myself somehow. I don't remember much of what happened. Foot slipped, went through ceiing, I caught myself, looked down and thought shit, that's the kitchen, got up and took picture and texted GF saying we need to cancel get together or do it at my brothers instead because the kitchen is a disaster. That's the extent of the details I remember.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I caught myself somehow. I don't remember much of what happened. Foot slipped, went through ceiing, I caught myself, looked down and thought shit, that's the kitchen, got up and took picture and texted GF saying we need to cancel get together or do it at my brothers instead because the kitchen is a disaster. That's the extent of the details I remember.
    Lucky. My wife went through, but somehow swung over to the second floor hallway that was a few feet away from where she fell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

MBTI
    eSTP

My chest is about 16" wide which is about 1.5 wider then gap between joists and shoulders are 22" wide. Even front to back of my chest is 13" so even if sideways I barely fit through joists.

MBTI
    eSTP

Got my GF some organization stuff for her birthday as she is going crazy trying to organize and she wouldn't normally spend the money on this stuff as she is thrifty and these aren't that cheap.

Gonna add some partitions next to pots and pans one for cookie sheets and stuff. Got on for each cabinet we have so far. Really helps organize this stuff. 2 15" cabinets, a 24" cabinet and the 30" cabinet with pots and pans
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Working on side table, this one has taken me forever to do since things keep popping up and I havnt had much dedicated time for it. It will fit perfect between couches

MBTI
    eSTP

Latest project

Kitchen when we bought house. Wet bar opened to living room so it was just a wall eating into kitchen.

Also removed load bearing column that was at front of counter using a blind header in attic. Phase 1 was turning old wet bar into counter, phase 2 was removing old stove, oven, cabinets next to pantry, this is phase 3.

Next will be adding 2 floor to ceiling cabinets on left and right of old sink and turn old sink spot into a counter for cook books and stuff . still trying to decide if we leave fridge where it's at and turn old pantry into counter. Or move fridge where pantry is and turn old spot into counter. Biggest reason for moving fridge is visual. So when you walk through that kitchen entrance you can see all of kitchen which makes it look and feel bigger.

Yes, plywood counters until we are done in case layout changes.

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What kind of tape do you use?

MBTI
    eSTP

In case anyone is curious, I calculated money spent on materials for taxes, we have spent about $20k so far without windows. Paid 155k for house, house down Street that's 150sqft smaller and refreshed(new carpet, paint, etc. No where near what we have done) just sold for 224k. We wouldn't have spent as much if it wasn't gonna be our house for the next 7 years or so. We could probably get $230k right now when I am done.
    Likes kyuuei, Santosha, MDP2525 liked this post