User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Whaaaat?! I bought that same memory foam clearance thing! In fact I'm going to buy one more if they still have them there tomorrow on my way to (definitely not take out the trash in their parking lot while Im at it) work! I gave it to my parents to turn my 9 year old Ikea mattress into something possibly slightly better to sleep on.

I think co-sleepers are definitely the way to go for babies.. and kids? I always asked my parents why they need a bed at all. Something comfy on the floor is best--no falling, no hiding things under the bed, they can run everywhere and literally crash.

Anyways, definitely that thing made my parents' air mattress 100000% better while they were here visiting too. I thought maybe I could use the foam and cut it for a bench, to repair the couch, and other stuff.
    Lol, I am half tempted to go pick up a few more for other projects as well and maybe one for my mom since she likes to do craft stuff. Would work perfectly for a bench top
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Paint, I saw a table on Google I liked the other day so I imitated it kinda. I remember diamond tiles separated by wood. So I did that an improvised so tile all fit nicely in size I wanted. Well, 42" wide. Length was shooting for 72in, but it ended up 82in. After trim and due to border tile I added so I can reach the correct width. Width was more important to me then length.

Grout tonight. Wanted something cheap and fsst. Needed to be done by tomorrow morning. Leg are 2x4 and 2x6.

Tile -$35
    Tile adhesive $14
    Plywood - $17
    2x4 - $10
    2x6 - $12
    Paint - already had it from another project
    Grout - $7
    Hardware was stuff I already had
    Trim pieces - $30

Think that adds up to $115 about 5 hours work
    This is great! Awesome job.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Poki, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Lunch project, GF roughly layed it out on paper and i put it together during lunch.

Just picked up some 3inx4ft 1/4in thick project wood. Cut and glued together with some fast drying construction adhesive called power grab.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Threw together a co-sleeper tonight with some scrap wood. Found some memory foam on clearance at Walmart for $15. Queen size allowed me to cut it into 4 pieces. Still trying to decide on stacking 2 or 3. Gonna have to buy a few more trim pieces and then paint it black to match bed. We looked at a 70 crib to modify from ikea, but I figured I could build it cheaper. Got some cleanup to do on memory foam also so it fits better.

Scrap 2x4, scrap birch plywood, scrap Plywood for base from table project. Scrap 1x2 pine from table project.

Yeah memory foam is brilliant when you are building a bed yourself... you do not have to build around standard mattress sizes... and it's so much more comfy when you buy high quality stuff. I bought some for our storage seating (as well as beds), we ordered it made & cut to specific sizing. It was not cheap but it was still cheaper than buying a standard size memory foam mattress. I made the seating covers out of fabric I already had left over on a roll... Gonna see if i can take a half decent pic now and add it..

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes Poki, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Yeah memory foam is brilliant when you are building a bed yourself... you do not have to build around standard mattress sizes... and it's so much more comfy when you buy high quality stuff. I bought some for our storage seating (as well as beds), we ordered it made & cut to specific sizing. It was not cheap but it was still cheaper than buying a standard size memory foam mattress. I made the seating covers out of fabric I already had left over on a roll... Gonna see if i can take a half decent pic now and add it..

Nice, I am about to build a Bench in kitchen and may do something similiar now that you mention it. My bed is a 16 foam matress and a nice 4" memory foam topper. Makes for a pain in the ass to find deep enough sheets, but everyone comments how good it feels when they lay on it. Top that off with down comforter and some down pillows and you can sleep forever. I much prefer it over the couple thousand dollars matresses. Got matress on clearance too. So it was like $199 for queen matress from costco, original $799. And topper was around $199 regular price. Only issue is with 18"deep sheets it keeps pulling off and I have an issue putting my fingers through seams when putting them on.

This stuff is about 1.5" support foam and 1.5 contoured memory foam. Doubled up and it's not bad at all.

This is all kick-ass @Poki.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Working on padding for fireplace as a safety thing for the baby. Had bought another $15 queen size 3"memory foamy and cut to fit. Gonna glue it to some wood so it holds shape. And we bought some fabric that my mom is gonna sew to fit over it.

A Mystery Array Jacques Le Paul's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You must have a lovely home.
    Let thought and reasoning be your guide, it certainly is mine!

Always forward, never back!

I'm an idiot, but I'm willing to learn. So that separates me from the idiot who isn't.

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    You must have a lovely home.
    Thanks, it's a work in progress. I like the way it has turned out so far. Learned a tremendous amount.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Moving return air to ceilings for cleaner air and more air

Here is what the return air using wall cavity looked like.

New return air in ceiling.

Over doubled CFM up to about 1800cfm.