User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intentional Food

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Where do you go about buying tomato paste in a tube? That would solve my issue with tomato paste (i.e. the issues with storing very small amounts of canned food).
    I get it at my regular large grocery but it's not with the other tomato products, it's with the Italian foods. You can also buy it on Amazon and probably other online grocers. So much better than cans.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I like this idea, and this thread. Seems very meditative and lovely.

Subscribing and encouraging my forum twin @Showbread to check it out as well--
    Hooray for forum twins!

This is definitely something I've been working. I've been really trying to be more intentional about purchasing meat. The way livestock and poultry are raised in America does not sit right with me. As soon as I started buy my own eggs I committed to cage-free only, free range if available. I'm currently trying to transition to natural/organic meats. But it's really pricey. I've been buying my chicken breasts at Costco, but I'm sure they are conventionally raised. I've switched over to hormone/antibiotic free ground turkey, it's only $3.99 a pound at Trader Joe's. I also have some organic, grass-fed ground beef in my freezer from the last time it was on sale. I've also just been trying to eat lower on the food chain in general, primarily more veggies.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2

Likes EJCC liked this post