User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I have separate house slippers for the apartment building, my washroom, kitchen, and the rest of the house. That's 4 excluding my actual shoes. A little OCD, but my J is strong.

I can't fathom how people can walk around their house in their outdoor shoes.
    The only time I'd ever consider walking inside with them on, is if i was at the brink of peeing myself as I am arriving home; which does happen from time to time. That's what razor blades are for.

Everyone who enters my apartment is expected to follow the same rules.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I never go barefoot or even in socks in the house. I always have shippers/shoes on, mostly because my feet pronate and the ortho suggested I do. That said, I never EVER ask guests to remove their shoes. I think it's partially gross and partially rude. Unless they had really dirty/snowy shoes and boots but that would be the rare case.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i eventually take my shoes off at home, but it's a pet peeve when other people force you to take your shoes off before entering their house. i understand the reason I guess, but like ceecee said its rude and gross lol.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I LOVE wearing shoes inside! Seriously, you'll never find a bigger supporter.

Thinking the inside of your house is cleaner than outside sans being a neat freak/living alone is just misleading. Broken glass occasionally falling, kitchen scraps, dogs tracking in soil, dust from the home being occupied at all... Sure I don't want scruff in my bed or whatever, but we have a ton of people in the house and it gets dirty quick in here no matter what you do.

I DO take off impossibly muddy or tracking-dirt-soiled shoes off inside the house and stick sandals on, I have a few pairs of house shoes (not a hard-and-fast rule like the Japanese though, I'll go get the mail in them or walk to the car to pick up my sister from work or something), and I definitely have very fluffy dirt-hungry rugs that help catch dirt both at the entrance of my room and near by bed, but to not wear shoes I'd go bananas.. stepping on every teeny tiny little splintered piece of something or other that a kid or dog tracked in.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I hate wearing shoes and if it was up to me I would never wear them except for when it's snowy

that said, I grew up in the rural midwest, where people were coming in from being out on the farm and taking off one's shoes was a good idea. most houses had an entry room with rugs to wipe off your shoes and there was usually a pile of shoes and boots (or cubbies or such if you were fancy like that) that had been discarded by the houses residents and guests. it was always just a natural thing to do to take off your shoes when coming inside because terrible things lurked on your shoes and large rubber boots aren't all that comfortable either
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Cloudpatrol, N/A liked this post

I am in love with my latest pair of boots, I think I might buy another pair on sale so I have back ups when these wear out.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I would love it if everyone took off their shoes at the door, and I had one of those really clean houses whereby we/guests could walk around barefoot and not get anything stuck to the feet, but sadly, I do not have super clean floors. I myself prefer to wear shoes in my own house because i just like how I feel in my shoes. I wear heels and to go without shoes very long makes me feel frumpay. But my house shoes are currently a pair of Rocket Dog hot pink flip flops. So I can't exactly enforce the no-shoe policy with my kids if I myself wear shoes around the house.

I guess I never thought much about this. I am a bit weird about wearing my heels. I'm just comfortable in them. Plus they are good for dancing!

Since we are on the subject of shoes, I will share with you the Rocket Dogs I had last summer. I dunno, I think they were 4-5 inch platforms, but as you can see, they are super fabulous! I fell a couple times in them, yet I still wore them on my camping/driving trip back down to Texas to visit family. Sure enough, walking along a stone path, my foot twisted and the strap broke. I just really thanked God because I wasn't hurt, and those things were dangerous--I could have injured myself pretty badly!! I still miss them....

For some reason, I found that if the heel is somewhat higher than the toe, it is much easier to keep from twisting the foot sideways. Those straight platforms with no elevation difference between the toe and heel are really tricky to walk in for me. So the pink ones are fine, but I was always twisting my foot in the rainbow ones.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I am in love with my latest pair of boots, I think I might buy another pair on sale so I have back ups when these wear out.
    Picture?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I wish, but my skills are inept on this forum when it comes to linking photos....71zbk--Wm2L._UX575_.jpg

Rainbow colored rocket dogs make me smile
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post