stuffing
    mushroom gravy
    salad
    rolls
    pumpkin pie
    cookies
    chocolate

then assorted sodas, beer, and wine to drink. and of course water

for breakfast we usually put out coffee, orange juice, country ham, biscuits, and nut roll (though might not happen this year)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Duck is best meat.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Starters
    Devils on horseback (grilled prunes with bacon)

Dinner
    Roast ham with breadcrumb & apricot stuffing
    Roast turkey with sausage stuffing
    Creamed potatoes with Swiss cheese
    Asparagus, steamed
    Gravy with the meat of course.

Dessert
    Christmas pudding
    Chocolate trifle

As for the drinks - well, champagne to start, then reds (Pinot Noir and Shiraz usually).
    Likes prplchknz, Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ham ofc, this Imelletty perunalaatikko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , some cheeses with it and this delicious ham sauce thats easy to make. We are going to have a proper feast, but i dont really like most of the traditional finnish christmas foods. Also this beer that i have no idea what it is called in english(or if it even has a english name), but its dark, low alcohol thats sweet.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ham ofc, this Imelletty perunalaatikko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , some cheeses with it and this delicious ham sauce thats easy to make. We are going to have a proper feast, but i dont really like most of the traditional finnish christmas foods. Also this beer that i have no idea what it is called in english(or if it even has a english name), but its dark, low alcohol thats sweet.
    my mom used to sometimes work in finland she has finnish friends i'll find out what it's called from her via one of her friends oh her post doc (who got her ph.d from where my mom worked over their) who now lives here and works for the same university as my mom might know
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my mom used to sometimes work in finland she has finnish friends i'll find out what it's called from her via one of her friends oh her post doc (who got her ph.d from where my mom worked over their) who now lives here and works for the same university as my mom might know
    Well its kotikalja in finnish, literal translation would be home beer. When looking at wiki and clicking the english page, it only gives low-alcohol beer page, but according to the page, in usa low-alcohol beer is under 1.2%, while the finnish version is under 3%(the one i got is 2.2%) and rarely 1.2% or lower. I kinda suspect that there isnt an english name for it :/ I mean its nothing like normal beer really.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    yupp

Well its kotikalja in finnish, literal translation would be home beer. When looking at wiki and clicking the english page, it only gives low-alcohol beer page, but according to the page, in usa low-alcohol beer is under 1.2%, while the finnish version is under 3%(the one i got is 2.2%) and rarely 1.2% or lower. I kinda suspect that there isnt an english name for it :/
    it's ok no worries
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's ok no worries
    I WILL WORRY ABOUT IT!1!1!! OK!??!
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    yupp

I WILL WORRY ABOUT IT!1!1!! OK!??!
    if you must, but i don't think it do any good

In no likes experiment.

that is all

I usually split my Christmas time with each of my parents' respective sides of the family. It's what we'd done when I was a kid. My grandparents (both sets) used to live on the same street, about eight blocks from my parents' house. On Christmas Day we would go to one grandparents' house in the morning, open gifts, mill around for a bit and sometimes stay for lunch, then walk down the street to the other grandparents' house, open gifts, have a little bit to eat, and then go back to the first house for dinner. We would alternate year-to-year which grandparents we would have dinner with.

After my grandmother (my dad's mother) died in 2001 we had one last Christmas at her house (she died Dec. 1), and since 2002 my dad's side of the family has gotten together at some point between Dec. 24 and Dec. 28 for a Christmas dinner at either my parents' house or my uncle's acreage. It depends on how schedules work out; e.g. my uncle and his wife usually get together around Christmas with her family at some point, sometimes her brothers come and stay with them, etc. Last year we had Christmas dinner at my aunt's house (my father's sister) for the first time.

On my mother's side of the family we always have dinner at her parents' house. Usually on Christmas Day, but sometimes on another day depending on what aunts, uncles and cousins are doing with their respective extended families.

This year I'll be at my parents' house for dinner with my dad's side of the family (seven of us) on Christmas Eve. My mum is making turkey. It's some sort of roast, not a full bird. I'll be at my grandparents' house for dinner on the 27th (Saturday) with my mum's side of the family (12 of us plus an infant). I'm not sure what we're having for dinner. In years past we had ordered a ready-made meal to go from one of the local hotels; it's a full turkey dinner, cooked by the hotel's culinary staff, complete with vegetables, cranberry, potatoes, buns, and chocolates from a local chocolatier for dessert. All you have to do is place the order and pick it up at the assigned time. I'm not sure if we're doing the same thing this year.