User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 42

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    I'm a bit gauche I'm afraid. I'm having pizza, homemade, gourmet of course. But it's pizza and I don't normally eat it otherwise.

    Garlic
    Oregano
    Spanish Salami
    Red onion
    Bocconcini
    Rocket
    Marinated Artichoke

    Washed down with a dark ale. The kitties get venison sausages.

    Dessert - Apple Cheescake
    Likes prplchknz, Showbread liked this post

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ham ofc, this Imelletty perunalaatikko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Also this beer that i have no idea what it is called in english(or if it even has a english name), but its dark, low alcohol thats sweet.
    Porter? Probably similar.

  3. #13
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Porter? Probably similar.
    Nope
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #14
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I remember 2 more things well one and the other i learned that we were having
    cheese rounds (actually cheese straws but they're made into cookies, the kind that have the rice crispies in them)
    a cheese ball that has raspberry jam on it. (we're gonna use some of my the stuff my brother made and gave my mom for christmas)

    Sorry I fully expect to be sick for a day and not want to eat for 3 after christmas dinner.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Nope
    Kotikalja is a variety of what would be called "table beer" or "malt beer" in English. It's not common in English-speaking countries.

    ("Low-alcohol beer" is regular beer that has had some of its alcohol boiled off at the very end of the normal brewing process. Kotikalja and the like are beers fermented at room temperature and only for a day or so, which doesn't allow the yeast to convert very much of the wort to alcohol in the first place. )

  6. #16
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Kotikalja is a variety of what would be called "table beer" or "malt beer" in English. It's not common in English-speaking countries.

    ("Low-alcohol beer" is regular beer that has had some of its alcohol boiled off at the very end of the normal brewing process. Kotikalja and the like are beers fermented at room temperature and only for a day or so, which doesn't allow the yeast to convert very much of the wort to alcohol in the first place. )
    remember english speaking countries look at something containing alchol and think "how drunk will this get me?"

    my mom found a place that sales growlers here and is gonna 3-4 and said that she's had them before and once open the first time you can reclose them and the repressurize and are good for another 6-8 weeks
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #17
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Lamb
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    remember english speaking countries look at something containing alchol and think "how drunk will this get me?"
    Actually I'd like to be able to buy a low alcohol beer. I rarely drink because I hate the effects of alcohol but I love the funk which is brewed beverages. Our beers here get higher and higher alcohol content. Standard used to be 4% but now many have 8%. We used to brew our own ginger beer as kids but it doesn't do teeth any favours.

  9. #19
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Actually I'd like to be able to buy a low alcohol beer. I rarely drink because I hate the effects of alcohol but I love the funk which is brewed beverages. Our beers here get higher and higher alcohol content. Standard used to be 4% but now many have 8%. We used to brew our own ginger beer as kids but it doesn't do teeth any favours.
    of course there are people who want low alchol beer hell my grandpa drank odoul's for the same reason, he liked the taste but not the effects
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #20
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Home made Italian feast.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 01:13 AM
  2. what are you having/had for Christmas dinner?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 12:41 AM
  3. what do you guys think about this?
    By INTP in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 06:16 PM
  4. What do you guys think about this?
    By INTP in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 11:33 PM
  5. What perks do you have (or wish you had) at your job?
    By file cabinet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO